No announcement yet.

2018 Alamo Precision Rifles TBH Special Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guys are going to need a new reamer by the time they are done making all these 6.5 creedmores! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Mossback View Post
      In caliber deliberation right now. own a .270, 30-06, 308, and wife's APR 7mm-08. Don't want a 6.5 creed and I'm stuck with going towards either a magnum for Elk (which my 30-06 is fully capable of and I'm not worried about beating it up in the mountains since my wife dropped it already and took a chunk out of the really nice wood stock) or going with something lighter for Texas sized game which I will def use more and both my 270 and 30-06 are overkill for. Don't want an Ai because I don't reload and don't see myself starting either. Suggestions that maybe I'm missing? Thinking .260????..... I know I'm going to end up with a **** 6.5 creed
      Planning 6.5x284 myself specifically to sit square in between 6.5CM and .270.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
        Sounds like you need a 257 weatherby

I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
          Planning 6.5x284 myself specifically to sit square in between 6.5CM and .270.
          That's not a bad idea, missed that one.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
            260AI is the route I'm going but be ware that you will need an extended mag box to realize an advantage from the AI
            I currently load for the .260 and I went back and forth on ordering something with more case volume like a 6.5-284, 26 nosler etc but in the end I figured it wouldn't make that much difference. I wanted to keep the barrel at 24" and I like the light recoil of the .260, plus I already have the dies.

Can you tell me why you picked the 260AI or the benefits over the .260 rem?

Comment

can you do 243 ai and 22 nosler?

Comment

Originally posted by mossback View Post
                in caliber deliberation right now. Own a .270, 30-06, 308, and wife's apr 7mm-08. Don't want a 6.5 creed and i'm stuck with going towards either a magnum for elk (which my 30-06 is fully capable of and i'm not worried about beating it up in the mountains since my wife dropped it already and took a chunk out of the really nice wood stock) or going with something lighter for texas sized game which i will def use more and both my 270 and 30-06 are overkill for. Don't want an ai because i don't reload and don't see myself starting either. Suggestions that maybe i'm missing? Thinking .260????..... I know i'm going to end up with a **** 6.5 creed

25-06?

Comment

Originally posted by JTCowpoke View Post
                  I currently load for the .260 and I went back and forth on ordering something with more case volume like a 6.5-284, 26 nosler etc but in the end I figured it wouldn't make that much difference. I wanted to keep the barrel at 24" and I like the light recoil of the .260, plus I already have the dies.

Can you tell me why you picked the 260AI or the benefits over the .260 rem?

With an extended box mag I can seat long and gain enough case capacity to get a meaningful velocity increase. Additionally the AI case design is extremely easy on brass almost eliminating regular trimming.

Comment

I bet dudes are looking all around the house thinking....what can I sell so I can get me one of these!! I know I am...sweat looking rifle set up!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian77429 View Post
                      I bet dudes are looking all around the house thinking....what can I sell so I can get me one of these!! I know I am...sweat looking rifle set up!!
                      Dude, you are so right!

I have been planing a Alamo build, but just not ready to pull the trigger.

there seems to be an up tick for guns in the classifieds

Comment

Originally posted by patwilson View Post
                        25-06?

It’s on the list for sure. I dunno I might just get a creed and quit thinking about it. Hard decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Mossback View Post
                          It’s on the list for sure. I dunno I might just get a creed and quit thinking about it. Hard decision.

Hunting gun or a rifle that will see lots of rounds?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                            Hunting gun or a rifle that will see lots of rounds?

Mostly hunting, 85-90% hunting, rest range time.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasPigHunter View Post
                              can you do 243 ai and 22 nosler?
                              Yes on the 243AI

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                                The guys are going to need a new reamer by the time they are done making all these 6.5 creedmores! LOL!
                                Went through 5 of them last year

Comment

Working...
                                X