No announcement yet.

Best AR caliber for pigs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Mike D;13046844]Do you have any other big bore suppressors? I have one for my 458 Socom and I’m pretty disappointed in it. It’s my first big bore but it just doesn’t seem as effective as my other 30 caliber cans.

I do not...but at the end of the day it is 100% about the speed of the bullet...what I have pics of is 350gr bullets....when the suppressor shows up I will shoot 500gr bullets inside of 100 yards and should be whisper quiet.

Comment

Buy an AK 47 instead?
      Twice the bullet/ grain weight, gooder knock down, funner, cooler lookin', more reliable and cheaper to shoot.
      God bless!
      Semper Fi.
      300 blackout last year. This year 6.5. Next year ????
      7.62x39, 223/5.56x45,308 will stand the test of time plus ammunition will always be easy to find and semi- reasonably priced. Just sayin'.
      Last edited by texaspacker; 12-27-2017, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
        Hogs do not need to leave blood trails. That is why I head shoot them,
        so head shoot them with a real bullet!!!, not every hog i shoot i want to butcher or move from were they drop,,, sometimes i want them to run off a ways before they die,, saves me the trouble of dealing with them later.....

Comment

[quote=Tom;13047633]
          Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Do you have any other big bore suppressors? I have one for my 458 Socom and I’m pretty disappointed in it. It’s my first big bore but it just doesn’t seem as effective as my other 30 caliber cans.

I do not...but at the end of the day it is 100% about the speed of the bullet...what I have pics of is 350gr bullets....when the suppressor shows up I will shoot 500gr bullets inside of 100 yards and should be whisper quiet.

I’ve shot 300 grain supersonic and 500 grain subsonic. Even the 500 grain subsonic sounds about like an unsuppressed 45ACP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
            so head shoot them with a real bullet!!!, not every hog i shoot i want to butcher or move from were they drop,,, sometimes i want them to run off a ways before they die,, saves me the trouble of dealing with them later.....
            I do. I shoot them with one that will clover leaf. I have not seen a .45/70 that will match my 6.5 Gren in accuracy......and gut shooting will accomplish the run off and die you are asking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
              I do. I shoot them with one that will clover leaf. I have not seen a .45/70 that will match my 6.5 Gren in accuracy......and gut shooting will accomplish the run off and die you are asking about.
              never been unhappy with my 45-70,, 3/4" is normal for 3 shots,, not bad starting at 45 cal,, but i do hand load

Comment

Working...
              X