Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Rear rifle stock support for shooting seated in a box blind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear rifle stock support for shooting seated in a box blind?

I use a BOG bipod and the most stable, repeatable and quickly deployed point of contact on the stock for the yoke is right behind the pistol grip.
    Trouble is, I get a punch in the lip when I shoot, and that kind of sheeaat leads to flinching.
    What do y'all do?
    Is there some sort of connector for a carry-type bipod, like the BOG, perhaps with the bp yoke removed?

Ooh, I'm getting an idear!

Comment

Just buy a reaper grip and you’ll be set shooting seated or standing in the field. I have one and use it every time I blind hunt.

Comment

have used this method for years with a Stoney Point bipod. great results.

Comment

I just got a Reaper tripod rest and shot off it at the range. It works pretty good. I was able to hold around 2 moa with it from a seated position. I kept thinking it would be prefect if I had some way to rest my right arm on something solid. I'll be using it for hunting out of a ground blind. It is very nice to have the rifle held by the rest, ready to go.

Comment

I usually just put a rear shooting bag on the chair arm rest and rest my right elbow on it with buttstock in my shoulder pocket. I have held minute of coyotes head at 400 yards this way.

Comment

I use a pig saddle from hog saddle, it's the cheaper one they offer. Links below are the best options. Also, try to load the bipod when shooting, but a little pressure forward on it.

THE ORIGINAL TRIPOD SADDLE Designed by a Marine Scout Sniper and OIF Veteran, tripod systems tailored to special operations, PRS shooters, and the modern outdoorsman. BUY NOW " A GREAT HUNTING COMPANION Effortlessly maintain your rifle’s sights across a field or hillside waiting for that trophy buck. Maximize your ability to make

Kopfjager is committed to strengthening the accuracy of precision riflemen while reducing fatigue with its top-tier shooting rests, tripods and other fire-assistive products.

Comment

Originally posted by brown dogs View Post
                have used this method for years with a Stoney Point bipod. great results.
                This looks like it has potential. May have to put bedding compound around the base for a rear stock atrachment.

Comment

I'll look into the reaper grip.
                  I was previously aware of the hog saddle, but it's not cheap.
                  Thanks for the replies.

Comment

This is a 4x4 box blind over looking a 700 yard long wheat field. Very steady and cheap but it does make it a single person blind only, not that a 4x4 blind is comfortable with 2 people anyways. Not shown in the picture is a pad I use under the buttstock to adjust height by squeezing it.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I like that, Whiplash!

Comment

I prefer chairs without arm rests in my stands.

When/if needed I'll sit with the back to my right side so I can rest my elbow on the back of the chair

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                          I prefer chairs without arm rests in my stands.

When/if needed I'll sit with the back to my right side so I can rest my elbow on the back of the chair
                          I just had a thought for when you're in a pinch.
                          Turn your chair around and use the back rest for a support.

Comment

Keep your bag or jacket in your lap for arm steady. I had problem with shooting in a blind when I started hunting and learned the backpack or jacket will keep you just that much more steady when making those long shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use a Primos trigger stick under the stock. Very easy to adjust up or down if needed. Use a bag on the front window ledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X