Upgrading my truck gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
    This......(same can't be said for the Barrett in a room). If you want to run it suppressed you can get the spindle modified or use a Shuster type gas plug.
    I think you notice the Barrett any time it gets to play.

Comment

Originally posted by S&T View Post
      Agreed. While we may never know exactly what round was being used, a quality bullet MIGHT have made all the difference in the world if he had been shooting FMJ and there is a good probability he was. At the end of the day he got the job done and stopped a bad guy, so that's good.

Also, it is my understanding that the perpetrator was wearing some type of body armor. Pelvic/groin shots are highly effective in this type of situation and should be taught & practiced more than I have seen. Between breaking the pelvis and severing the femoral artery, this shot can eliminate a threat very, very quickly. COM should be your primary aiming point, but if armor is present or COM shot does not present itself, this is a great plan B.

As for the OP's question, what is your primary defensive load in your current AR truck gun? A quality bullet should be more than sufficient in the .223/5.56 for your application.
      If the private citizen was rockin a AR-10, I dont care what type of ammo was bein used, .30 cal vs .223, the perp wouldn't have been able to drop his weapon an drive off, imho

Comment

Not sure about what ammo you have loaded in your AR15, but why not just use a good varmint/defense bullet?

Also, do we know what type of ammo our hero was using? I'd be willing to bet it was 55grn FMJ. I have a feeling a 40grn VMAX would do pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
          Found this and it looks pretty legit to me.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
          I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

https://arma15.com/products
          My buddy has this set up in his truck. Mounts to the underside of the rear seat, into the metal frame. With practice it only takes seconds to access. Then just pop in a mag, send the bolt home, and your ready to rock. The way it's set up, you can use you vehicle for cover the whole time you are accessing your gun. I really like it!

Comment

Ak47 with folding stock. Large capacity, hits hard and will take abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by SOLID EAGLE View Post
              Ak47 with folding stock. Large capacity, hits hard and will take abuse.
              This^^^
              Makes the most sense. Cheap,very reliable,high capacity.
              Love the m14 but if someone stole it I would crap a purple Twinkie. Ak47 can be bought fairly cheap.

Comment

According to Joe Biden's recent comments about the church shooting you shouldn't be carrying an AR anyway so might as well change it up... .

Comment

Get Off My Lawn!!

Buff...I have been struggling with M1's & you know I'm a gun guy. I love the history of the gun but honestly never did study them & admit it my auctions. They are all over the place.

Got two about to close now & just sold a M1 tanker:

Had one guy contact me & tell me there are no Tankers left in circulation...another guy interested in the NM told me the guy was a moron??

Pending:

Some interested buyers say the NM is a parts gun & others say it is legit...it's frustrating for me but my interests and knowledge really aren't in military guns & all I can do is let the pics do the talking. Just a warning on how you loose your wallet.

Buy online at GunBroker.com, the world's largest gun auction site. GunBroker.com has for sale from thousands of trusted sellers.

Comment

My theory is that if someone is wearing body armor, the 165 grain nosler partition should pass through unless he is wearing 100 pounds of plates.
                    I already ordered the M1A because I know the 50 grain v max bullets will not pass through even the cheapest armor

Comment

I think your better off with 62 gr federal bonded bullets and $1,000 worth of traning.

Combat Shooting & Tactics reputation has grown as our alumni go on to become competent professionals in the field. Through engaging and hands-on educational opportunities, Combat Shooting & Tactics continuously cultivates future tactical leaders.

Paul howe runs this place, he was Delta force in Somlia during black hawk down, he is in east texas with you.

Comment

30-30 with a 1x4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post

I ordered a M1A scout to use as my truck gun.

I want to run it suppressed but my local class III gunsmith says that it will beat the gun up and cause several issues if I suppress it.

^^That, right there, would be a deal breaker for me. ^^

Why not just carry a 300Blk if you want a .30 long gun? It’s more compact, suited specifically for suppression and CQB to medium range battle. M1A Scout, as cool as it is, is outdated and not nearly the versatile fighting platform that the AR is. It’s heavy and very slow to move where a SBR AR variant is extremely maneuverable and a much better choice for anything other than extended range engagement. If you’re worried about the types of shootings that have occurred in the past 10 year, every one of them would have been far more appropriate for an AR than a heavy long gun. Also a more compact rifle is MUCH easier to store, hide and retrieve out of a vehicle.

As someone else said, if you’re just wanting one....that’s another story. Lol. To each their own. It’s just not what I’d want unless I was fighting on a traditional battlefield, from a foxhole. Even then....I dunno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good point but I have my doubts about the .300 aac penetrating body armor.
                            I have 2 .300s a full size and a 10" and while they are better than a .223. I don't think they really compair to a full house .308

Comment

Two very different guns are in the truck quite often. Tarus Judge with Federal buckshot loads. PS-90, 2 50 round mags with alternating FMJ and 40gr V-Max. 90 is in lock box if it is in there.

Comment

But then again if it is all about stopping power, I already own a .375 H&H

Comment

Working...
                                X