No announcement yet.

Lever Guns post em up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine. 1895 Marlin Guide Gun .45-70; Winchester 94 .30-30; Marlin 1894 .44 Mag; Marlin Model 39 Carbine .22
    Attached Files

Comment

This was my step dads. Inherited it last year when he passed away. He had this, a .44 Henry and a .45 Henry. I picked this one. Will be more of a conversation piece I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
        Mine. 1895 Marlin Guide Gun .45-70; Winchester 94 .30-30; Marlin 1894 .44 Mag; Marlin Model 39 Carbine .22

Love the guide gun

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
          Exactly why I thought about 45-70 in the first place, don't think one can take a round or two from it and make it very far.

45-70 is a potent round. It almost made the buffalo and Indians extinct.... so if it worked then I'd assume it would work now. Plus I have a friend that shot a nilgai on the run with his 45-70. Nilgai ended up doing an immediate face plant.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
            45-70 is a potent round. It almost made the buffalo and Indians extinct.... so if it worked then I'd assume it would work now. Plus I have a friend that shot a nilgai on the run with his 45-70. Nilgai ended up doing an immediate face plant.

Just this past Sunday I had a fully mature nilgai cow at 60 yards. Boy was she a stocky one, looked like she'd been hitting the protein and iron weights daily. She was on the opposite side of the fence, all she needed to do was cross under and I would have had her, she peeked over the top of the fence trying to find a place to cross and she spotted me and booked it. After all that, on the walk to the truck I realized I need something with open sights and has a good punch where I can put multiple rounds into one if need be. The browning 270 I had would have done the trick but being my deer rifle with scope would have been difficult to get back on target at that range for a follow up shot. Did a little looking around and decided on a lever action 45-70 as being best bet for what I want to use this gun for.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
              Just this past Sunday I had a fully mature nilgai cow at 60 yards. Boy was she a stocky one, looked like she'd been hitting the protein and iron weights daily. She was on the opposite side of the fence, all she needed to do was cross under and I would have had her, she peeked over the top of the fence trying to find a place to cross and she spotted me and booked it. After all that, on the walk to the truck I realized I need something with open sights and has a good punch where I can put multiple rounds into one if need be. The browning 270 I had would have done the trick but being my deer rifle with scope would have been difficult to get back on target at that range for a follow up shot. Did a little looking around and decided on a lever action 45-70 as being best bet for what I want to use this gun for.

You won't be disappointed. He keeps trying to get me to buy one of his, but I want the guide gun the is stainless and he isn't selling that one. Both of his are marlin 45-70 and he has the marlin 444. And they are all pre Remington or "Remlins."

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                You won't be disappointed. He keeps trying to get me to buy one of his, but I want the guide gun the is stainless and he isn't selling that one. Both of his are marlin 45-70 and he has the marlin 444. And they are all pre Remington or "Remlins."

I want a Winchester 94 because my dad has one in 30-30 and it is a well oiled machine.

However I 've been looking at the marlin guide guns and they seem to be about the perfect size. Almost all nilgai encounters I've had have been when I rounded a corner in the truck and they were staring me head on, the guide gun would be so easy to get out the window quickly and get my shot off.

Comment

Browning BLR 22
                  Winchester 94-22M Trapper
                  Marlin 1984 25-20
                  Marlin 1894 LTDSS Trapper in 357Mag (my main truck gun)
                  Winchester 94 44 Mag Trapper (was my Dad's deer rifle)Hard
                  Marlin 1895 Cowboy action 45-70 20 inch barrel
                  Marlin 1895 45-70

Need to take pics again

Comment

Originally posted by Texifornia View Post
                    1873 .45lc
                    Is that a urberti? A 73 in 357 will be my next gun.

Comment

.45-70 and a cull from last year
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8427.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	24510927

Comment

Browning BLM .222 & .7mm-08 & .243 & .30-06

Comment

No pictures but in July and August I picked up a 30's Era model 94, an early model 95 and a very clean and cheap Western Auto saddle ring carbine. It was a very good couple of months.

Haven't seen any savages posted yet....

Comment

I've got the 94/22mag.....quite possibly the best guns out there!!
                            Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                            Winchester 94-22. My dad bought this in the early 70s, I believe.

I love this gun. It's my favorite in my collection.

Comment

I put a Skinner rear peep and a front post sight. Both of them are "winged". To sight in the elevation, it involves some filing of the base of the sight post. I put a Primary Arms red dot sight, but I haven't sighted it in yet.
                              Originally posted by offthemap View Post
                              Which skinner rear sight is that? And are you using any optics on that rail?

I'm wanting to get my Marlin 336 cerekote'd and add some skinners or maybe a halo type rear sight.

Comment

Winchester 94/22M mounted w/a Vortex Sparc II....1 rd to the ear takes down any size hog.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X