Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
    $2200 is affordable? Lol, it’s way cool no doubt
    You ain't lyin. If someone asked me to spend that much on Leupold glass I'd look at them like they were crazy. But thermal just has this way of lifting those Benjamins right outta yo pocket.

Comment

Last year a similar scope was $3-4k

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tye View Post
        Jason, what basic settings are you running in the PTS 233?
        I've played with everything and at the end of the day, I'm a minimalist. I use white hot and usually the "sky/area" environment setting.

I'll change the environmental setting based on weather conditions and I usually just scroll through quickly to see what looks good. I don't advise messing with the individual details on the different settings and making manual adjustments. I've never improved anything over the default settings and I've had a couple customers who messed theirs up so bad they had to do a factory reset.lol

Comment

Yep it's true, "affordable" is relative. Like Push said, this scope would have cost you a lot more a few years ago. In December of 2016, entry level thermal was $3,000 and that was with no bells and no whistles. The PTS233 is a compact little thermal with internal video recording and if it had existed 1.5 years ago it would have probably been $4,000+. Hard to believe I know. So with that said, it is getting more "affordable".

And 35rem is right.....once you've hunted with it, thermal has a way of making you sell everything else you own to get it.

Comment

Working...
          X