Whats your Opinion on Kimber Long Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LWD View Post
    Threads like this add people to my ignore list. I love the ignore list.

LWD
    Can you see this? Is this thing on?

I will add that I really like my longmaster. A lot. One of my favorite factory guns I ever had. I'd gladly buy another. And I haven't heard of one shooting bad that I recall. Super light guns are hard to make accurate. And as said are even harder to accurately shoot. The longmaster is a heavy barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
      No sir, I am talking about the 695.00 accuracy package that HRC offers. Not a re barrel. If its a the rebarrel package HRC offers, its 1595.00. Horizon does not offer the same packages that HRC does. If you were to add in pillar bedding, action truing, free floating, barrel break in and scope mounting to Horizon's re barrel price it gets expensive too.
      For the 695.00 HRC charges its really not that bad. A trigger job and pillar bedding at most shops is 250-300.
      I bought a 700 BDL for 400 from one of my customers, had HRC do there 695.00 deal and was very pleased. The rifle was a gift for one of my hands.
      I still have my invoices from my last Horizon it was 750 for blueprint,barrel, chambers, cerakote and fluting. It's a .35 moa gun. Think he has since gone up a 100. Now it's not a sub 5lb gun like the kimber ascent though so that's a mute point to this thread.

HCR accuracy service is essentially just a bed and crown job, and a walk through. If they are convenient and you like working with them more power to you. For me thier location isn't a value add to where i can justify an ultra premium, HCR builds a nice hunting rifle, and does good work. I had one in a 224 TTH long time ago.

To the OP I had an ascent rifle a little while, had to replace bolt spring, and do mods on ramp. Over all it's exactly what's being advertised, an ultra light that shoots As stated which is good for its weight. It's not a general 400plus yard gun, but very capable out to 400plus in few select hands.

If you looking at the Montana line-I think there are better values out there, but still a great production rifle.
      Last edited by Texans42; 07-20-2017, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        Can you see this? Is this thing on?

I will add that I really like my longmaster. A lot. One of my favorite factory guns I ever had. I'd gladly buy another. And I haven't heard of one shooting bad that I recall. Super light guns are hard to make accurate. And as said are even harder to accurately shoot. The longmaster is a heavy barrel.
        Nope! Can't see a thing!

LWD

Comment

I have a Kimber 84M Classic Select in a 7-08. I have heard people say that kimber is hit or miss so I guess my rifle was a hit. I looked for a while at factory guns and due to the success I have had with my 1911 decided to go ahead and pull the trigger. I am beyond glad that I did, this is my go to gun. I enjoy taking it to the range just to shoot and trust it in the woods to get the job done. Just yesterday I let my Dad shoot it for the first time and at 100 yards all three shots were touching. It is comfortable to shoot, light to carry and easy on the eyes.

Comment

Much better options out there. Lots of smiths wont mess with them

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
              Much better options out there. Lots of smiths wont mess with them

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
              Lots of smith's really won't mess with any crf actions, model 70s etc. If they only work with remington 700 actions and actions based on it they probably don't have the proper tools and know how. This is more of a reflection of them, not the actions.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                Lots of smith's really won't mess with any crf actions, model 70s etc. If they only work with remington 700 actions and actions based on it they probably don't have the proper tools and know how. This is more of a reflection of them, not the actions.
                this
                Originally posted by sendit View Post
                I have been very pleased with my Kimber rifles.

One reason I think some people have a problem with them is that the Kimber hunting rifles tend to be lighter that most. Shooting light rifles is a bit different that heavier ones. You have to be able to able to manage recoil.
                and this.

I have two Kimbers... an 84L in .25-05 and an Adirondack in 7mm-08.

Both have killed auodad over 300 yds out... which is plenty accurate for me.

The 84L in particular was great value in a production gun, IMO. A-grade french walnut and ebony in stainless with impeccable fit & finish and a sub-MOA accuracy guarantee for $1,400. I said yep.

Either gun will shoot better than I can.

Comment

Originally posted by mlmtx01 View Post
                  I must have got one of the good ones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Me too!

Comment

Working...
                  X