No announcement yet.

Who hunts with a Ruger No. 1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have 2 in 25-06 and 3 in 22-250 all my dad hunts with. Extremely accurate with hand loads in both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've hunted with a Ruger #1 270 win for 30 years, Its by far my favorite rifle. I've had many deer rifles but none match up to the Ruger!

Comment

Have one in .243 that was my grandfathers and was in a fire and we rebuilt it and its still laying critters right at MOA. Life is just too short to hunt with an ugly gun!

Comment

Thanks guys

One last bump

Comment

I hunt every now and then with a No. 1 in .243. It was my dads rifle for the last 35-40 years and he's killed a ton of deer with it. Last year I replaced his fixed 4x Leupold with a 3-9x40 Zeiss and he was so amazed by the difference that he went out and killed a couple of deer with it. (he's 72 and hasn't killed a deer in 20 years). Sweet rifle that balances well and has very little recoil. Next rifle I buy will be a No. 1V in .25-06 if I can find one with some nice wood.
            Attached Files

Comment

25.06 cenntenital, great trigger shoots well. 22.250 same.

#3s in .223 and 7x57. Can't count the deer with the 223.

All red pads [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Older one in 25-06. Brother in law had it for at least 20 years sold it over a camp fire and beer because he didn't use it anymore...it's a very accurate gun and in my dad's safe right now. I need to go get it and knock the dust off of it

Comment

I put my hands on a couple today at Cabelas. I was sorely unimpressed. The wood was plain jane and the metal to wood fit was really bad. Sounds like their heyday was years ago....these newer ones weren't "special".

Maybe I'll keep an eye out for an older model.

Comment

That's odd, most Number One's will have some figure in the butt stock being the stock is two pieces not counting the newer laminated models.

Comment

In! Have three #1's.. 30-06, 45-70 and just picked up a 7 X 57 that's having a scope put on know. Love my #1's.

Comment

I love my no 1a's n they all shoot great, my 45/70
                        Shoots half inch with 300gr sierras with 59gr of 8208

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                          I put my hands on a couple today at Cabelas. I was sorely unimpressed. The wood was plain jane and the metal to wood fit was really bad. Sounds like their heyday was years ago....these newer ones weren't "special".

Maybe I'll keep an eye out for an older model.
                          They have degraded in wood quality and quality in general without a doubt. Mine is a 79 year model, never fired before I bought it off of here 6 years ago, and the wood is incredible..

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                            Likes? Dislikes?

How accurate are they?
                            I shoot a tiger 300win. It is extremely accurate. I put a nightforce scope on it and I am hitting a 18" plate at 800 yards. Wouldn't let it go for any amount of money. Love it

Comment

Originally posted by rodney0822 View Post
                              I shoot a ruger 300win. It is extremely accurate. I put a nightforce scope on it and I am hitting a 18" plate at 800 yards. Wouldn't let it go for any amount of money. Love it
                              Ruger not tiger

Comment

I have a few, stainless .375 Ruger , 7mag, and my favorite by far No 1v in 25-06.....shes a shooter..

Comment

Working...
                                X