1-4, 1-6, 1-8 AR optic questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jared07 View Post
    I have considered this with offset irons, from what I understand a larger objective will be better for low light transmission

The goal is to keep the objective diameter/magnification ratio at 4 or higher. The 1-6x24 does that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I just bought the Vortex Strike Eagle 1x6x24 for my AR build with scope and mount think I was around 600 after tax and I've been pretty impressed so far. Only gone out to 200 yds with it so far.

Comment

It's just a more useful magnification range.

Comment

2-10 Nightforce

Comment

I went from a 1-6 gen II razor HD to a 2-12x42 VX6 on my last SBR build. Still light. Great glass and good high end power. But still low enough to get a fast focus on and shoot quick and accurate. Eye box isn't as big as the razor but it serves me well.

Not much difference in brightness between it and my razor. That's my strong recommendation.

Comment

I had an awesome 1-4 and liked it but found myself shooting at 100 or more and ended up wanting more magnification.. went with 4-12, but if you want that lower end power of go 1-8, for sure! I went with Leupold VX-R on my AR15 and AR10... great scope for $450- $500
              Last edited by rosco11; 03-20-2017, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Burris xtr 1-8

Comment

Working...
                X