Help me build a deer rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
    Any of you ever built a 30-06? Any kind of rechambering available? I love my savage 30-06 and was wondering what it would be like to build this gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No!!! And there's a reason! You build a 30/06 you really don't have a legitimate reason to build anything else!!!! [emoji13]

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
      No!!! And there's a reason! You build a 30/06 you really don't have a legitimate reason to build anything else!!!! [emoji13]

I see your point. The action in this gun is amazing and I like the fit of the rifle. Maybe I should just rebarrel it and upgrade the stock and glass[emoji51]

Comment

I see your point. The action in this gun is amazing and I like the fit of the rifle. Maybe I should just rebarrel it and upgrade the stock and glass[emoji51]

No I've thought many times about building a 30-06 in a 22" barrel lightweight walk around rifle. But I went with a carbon barrel on my 26 and it's so light it works for walk around and long range. But I still think about it lol.

Comment

No I've thought many times about building a 30-06 in a 22" barrel lightweight walk around rifle. But I went with a carbon barrel on my 26 and it's so light it works for walk around and long range. But I still think about it lol.

Pics of this said rifle?

Comment

26 Nos!!!!!!!!!!!
            Cuz,,,,,,,

Nothing wrong with that. I have a fast 7 in the works now just waiting on parts.

Comment

O!!!!!! M!!!!!! G!!!!!!!!!!! [emoji51][emoji379]

It's a 260 with brake pads. Best way I know to Splain it short n sweet.

LOL, true....

Comment

Any of you ever built a 30-06? Any kind of rechambering available? I love my savage 30-06 and was wondering what it would be like to build this gun.
                if you go this route, buy a premium custom barrel and send it (with your action) to Fred @ SSS and let him work his magic. Arguably the premier Savage guru in the Country. He also has various stocks for sale

a 6.5x06 pushing 130's or 140's would be devastating on deer

IMO - on any custom rifle, you will get optimum accuracy and performance with hand loading

http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/

Comment

I'll tell ya this. I did as you are wanting to do. I went with a 260 and have never regretted it. It has killed a Mt Lion, multiple axis, whitetail and hogs. It has performed excellent and has not left me disappointed and I think it's a good caliber to consider. Do a search and pics of it will come up along with game taken with it. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                    if you go this route, buy a premium custom barrel and send it (with your action) to Fred @ SSS and let him work his magic. Arguably the premier Savage guru in the Country. He also has various stocks for sale

a 6.5x06 pushing 130's or 140's would be devastating on deer

IMO - on any custom rifle, you will get optimum accuracy and performance with hand loading

http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/

Thanks for the info I'll look him up. I think it's funny how I started this thread to build a compete new rifle and ended up wanting to build the rifle I currently have[emoji23]

Comment

Thanks for the info I'll look him up. I think it's funny how I started this thread to build a compete new rifle and ended up wanting to build the rifle I currently have[emoji23]

Give it some time before committing to a build and you'll be back to the start....and then back to here....then back to the start....you get the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                        Give it some time before committing to a build and you'll be back to the start....and then back to here....then back to the start....you get the picture.

I've been wanting to build for over a year now and just when I thought I had it narrowed to two calibers everything hit the fan[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

I've been wanting to build for over a year now and just when I thought I had it narrowed to two calibers everything hit the fan[emoji23][emoji23]

6.5-06 is an awesome round too. I've had a friend in Lufkin that's had one since about 2001.

Comment

Pics of this said rifle?

That's all I have on my phone.

Comment

That's all I have on my phone.

Thats just perfect