• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who hunts with a .308?

I do from time to time.

Downsides? Nope can't think of any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Only rifle caliber needed (besides 5.56 for zombies). Love my WBY Vangard.

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
        Not bad if you don't plan to shoot real far.. Only .308 I have is an ar but I only use it to pig hunt and coyote hunt..

Huh?

This is my dope chart for my 308 with 175 grain Berger hand loads. If 1000# of energy is what the generally discussed minimum energy for whitetail, looks like I'm good to 750-800 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I do. Fantastic round for hunting and always available.

Comment

Its ok, but I prefer a 3006, it is like a 308 all growed up:-) I personally would only go with the 308 over the 06 in an auto, but the 308 is a good caliber. I like it the best of the short action cartridges. Good luck

Comment

Isn't it considered a sniper round? I think it used to be the standard. It's my go to rifle.

Comment

Keep it coming. Thanks. Loving it

Comment

I do and wife has her own

Comment

I do and it is fun to shoot but I'm bored with it. It will get re-barreled someday to ? 7-08 AI maybe? Or one of the 6.5's maybe

Comment

I love mine. I've killed plenty out to 7-850 yards with a buddy's gun. I generally don't shoot deer that far because I don't really want to haul a carcass that extra distance when I'm on foot. Y

otes, pigs, anything else is gonna drop if it's in the crosshairs.

Just picked up my own and I'm stretching it out to 800 already with no problems. Yotes are dropping like rain and pigs are getting nailed with no concern for accuracy or energy.

I honestly can't think of anything in North America that I wouldnt hunt with it. Good shot placement and the .308 is the answer for me.

Comment

308 love it!!! I have several and it is the commercial round that the 7.62x51 military round is based off of. Notably - it was considered the most popular hunting cartridge for big game world wide for a long time, because of its range and terminal performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It will do the job with ease

Comment

Originally posted by Catfish270 View Post
                            I used a .25-06 this year, but used the .308 last year an killed a buck. One of my favorites.

^^^Exactly this for me too

Also dropped a 220# pig @ 260 yards a couple of weeks ago with 308

Comment

My go to hunting rifle for pigs and some deer hunts is my sps tactical .308. It's super accurate and knocks down everything in front of it every time. Had one deer run 40 yards on a lung shot with no shoulder hit on it and everything else was DRT.

Comment

My go to rifle when I gun hunt is a bolt action 308. Killed multiple deer, hogs, black buck and a ram with it. Can't complain one bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X