No announcement yet.

Hog Saddle or Pig Saddle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another aspect of my shooting that has been revolutionized, maybe that's too strong of a word, by the hog saddle is the sighting in process. I can mount the weapon on the hog saddle bore sighted and be dead on target. No muss no fuss. It has saved lots of ammo in my case

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Honestly, I don't know what I would do without that wobbly floppy reticle. Lol. I believe I will start using that technique

Comment

The slop in the ball joint has always been an issue. I just worked around it

Comment

Thanks guys.

Ya'll just made me quit procrastinating about it and order one. I already have a good Manfrotto tripod with ball head, so I just need the saddle. Gonna have to postpone the Dillon 550 for another paycheck now.

Comment

Who did you order from?

Comment

You can order direct. Had it to my door in 5 days.

Comment

That is true

Comment

Tag

Comment

I asked santy claus for a pig saddle. I'm not oper8tor enough for the hog saddle.

Comment

Originally posted by NTex View Post
                      I have the PIG saddle and love it. Very stable and kids love it.

Check out Kopfjager Industries http://www.kopfjagerindustries.com/ the have a good one as well, Texas based.

I think theirs is metal and the pig saddle is polymer? Not certain tho.

Comment

I think I'm fixing to pull the trigger on either a hog saddle or a reaper rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SC-Texas View Post
                          Who did you order from?

I went through Skylar at SWFA, used my Texas Hunting Forum discount. I think they take off 8% (basically sales tax) and then give it free shipping. Which means the price on the website is basically price to your door. Which in this case was 134.95 for the pig saddle.

Also, the Pig Saddle is not polymer. It is steel, weighs about double what the Aluminum Hog Saddle does. The Pig Saddle did used to come with a polymer knob, but I think now it is supposed to come with an aluminum one. We will see when mine gets here.
                          Last edited by Jethro; 12-16-2016, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Great. Tell them i said hello. They are a great company

Comment

I order lots through Skylar. He has always been prompt and treated me right.

Comment

Originally posted by NTex View Post
                                I have the PIG saddle and love it. Very stable and kids love it.

Check out Kopfjager Industries http://www.kopfjagerindustries.com/ the have a good one as well, Texas based.

Can't beat north Texas based, plus I do their apparel merchandise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X