Specialty Pistol Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Used to love to hunt with Contenders... Don't have any stand alone pics on my 'puter as when I was into them, there wern't no digital cameras yet... but you can see the ones I had left in this pic...

Favorite was a 7-30 Waters with a 2.5-8 Leupold... sub-MOA at 200 yards with that one. Also the super 14 in .223 and .22lr were fun. Most fun probably was the 10" 45-.410 bore... bunch of birds fell victim to it. Got a bobcat mounted with a quail in its mouth... got the cat with the .223 and the quail with the 10" .410 bore...

[ATTACH]797743[/ATTACH]

What model is that 1911 in the top right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Those Remington 700 pistols are tits. I will have to build one of those someday.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser86 View Post
        What model is that 1911 in the top right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        It's actually a Para Carry LDA in 45 ACP. I added the amb. safety lock since I'm a lefty and it didn't come with one... Other than that, it's box stock standard except for a little polishing of the ramp and such...

Comment

I have an Encore in .260 Rem and a Contender in .375 Win. Haven't used them in a while though. I need to sell them or use them I guess. I killed several deer with the .375 but I've never shot anything except targets with the .260. Great shooting gun too !

Comment

Ever one of my pistols is special to me.

But I do have a couple of Contender frames. One is stainless with a pretty nice trigger job. Got several barrels in different calibers. But like Saltwaterslick, I usually go to the 10" bull barrel .45/.410 with adjustable open sights/no vent rib. Got some fairly hot .45LC loads for it that will put a hog on it's haunches. Love the fact that it's an instant quail gun too with a quick screw-in of the choke. I've also shot the 000 buck in .410 out of it at a hog at 25 yards that someone else wounded. I was not impressed at all. I'll stick with the .45LC hot loads . Their only good for about 30-35 yards accuracy wise, because of the bullet jump to the lands and grooves. But they got more than enough energy to shut down the steam engine in them at that distance.
            Last buck I shot with one of the TCs was an 8pt at 101 yards, through the white patch on the neck with a Super 14 barrel in .35 Rem. Got a really old Burris 1.5-4x20 on it I bought new many many moons and rounds ago. He was facing me. I've also run 124gr 9mm projectiles up to Speer's 250gr in 35cal reloading for that barrel just play-n around. The 250s were fun shooting at a 5 gallon metal cans that things "used to come in". But weren't much good for anything else.

Comment

The Remington sisters....

From top to bottom:
              Remington XP-100 - .45-70 Govt.
              Remington 700 - .308 Win.
              Remington XP-100R - .308 Win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am so jealous, brother. Those are gorgeous. Has anyone shot them suppressed?

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                  I am so jealous, brother. Those are gorgeous. Has anyone shot them suppressed?

I have.... just that my suppressor is 12" long so it kinda defeats the purpose.....LOL

THANKS for the compliment...

Comment

Some Specialty Pistol kills from this past season:

Comment

Originally posted by cb4128 View Post
                      Don't have any specialty pistols but I do love to shoot my 44 rem mag super blackhawk and my 460 xvr S&W

You sir, have excellent taste! My Bisley Hunter 44:

Comment

Those Bisley Hunters are fine guns!!!

Comment

If any of yall are into bolt action specialty pistols and on FB, then check out this group:

I love Specialty Pistols, but think the bolt action versions are where it's at. This group is for any and all info and pics relating to bolt action pistols. Pure, concentrated, and undiluted SP bolt...

Comment

Working...
                          X