Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Stoeger shotguns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the 3500. Got it for duck hunting in the coast. Wanted an autoloader that I didn't have to worry about in the salt water environment. Also use it for dove hunting. Great gun. Cycles everything if you break it in right. By that, I mean, run a 100 or so rounds of three and a half shells BEFORE you try to run light loads. After that, it'll eat everything you feed it.

str8shooter

Comment

Originally posted by deep n the heat View Post
      Why the 3000?
      Seen several guys have issues with the 2000, and very little with the 3000.

Comment

Just picked up a M3k a week or so back. Haven't shot it yet but seems to be a great gun so far!

Comment

Good guns...probably the best budget priced semi auto made imo. Benelli's step child....

Comment

I have a M2000, best bang for your buck. Great gun

Comment

I have a 3500, my son shoots a 3000. Not one issue with them through 2 seasons. When I bought them, we went to the range with a case full of assorted loads to break them in with. Everything from 7/8 oz dove loads to 3 1/2" buckshot. Only failure that day was a rusty case that the kid picked up and fired that stuck in the chamber. Never had a failure in the field, other than learning the quirk of keeping it in battery. If you bump the charging handle back just a hair, it will look like it is still in battery, but will not fire. Pretty easy to do. That's my only complaint on the gun.

It is easy to float the 4th shell in them as well. (Not that I would ever do that in a hunting situation) Handy for playing the shotgun games.

Comment

I have a 3500. Nice gun for water fowling but mine won't cycle light loads. It's not a problem for me since I use another gun to dove hunt with.

Comment

I have a M3500 with no problems at all.

Comment

I've had an M2000 for 8 seasons now. I pad $500 for it at academy and have gotten my moneys worth out of it. Really simple to break down and clean and I've only had a few jams over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by str8shooter View Post
                      Cycles everything if you break it in right. By that, I mean, run a 100 or so rounds of three and a half shells BEFORE you try to run light loads. After that, it'll eat everything you feed it.
                      x2, love mine better then my old extrema.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                        Seen several guys have issues with the 2000, and very little with the 3000.
                        This^^^

My buddy has the M2000 and has had some issues.

I went duck hunting with a guide down on the coast and he had a M3500 that he said was awesome for the price. Between his recommendation and the good reviews online I picked one up.

I haven't shot enough to really give judgment on it but I do like it. I used it for 2 days during duck season with no issues. I let a buddy borrow it for a round of sporting clays and he had 2 cycling issues with the cheapo 7/8 target loads and I shot one turkey load to pattern it and have been carrying it around trying to shoot a turkey unsuccessfully.

Comment

I have had the 2000 for what seems like 10 years. I also bought a rifled slug barrel for it, doubles as my deer gun. I think it is a great shot gun no matter the price.

Azle

Comment

I have a 3500, never had an issue with it.

Comment

I have an M2000. I bought it used and had a few issues with cycling in the beginning. I broke it down complete, not very hard at all, and cleaned it out. Re-oiled it and it's worked flawlessly every since. Cycles all ammo, especially the cheap stuff I buy for Dove season.

I read they come with a heavy packing grease that needs to be cleaned off. Otherwise you will have issues.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I think I may give one a try.

Comment

Working...
                                X