Form 4 Wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
    single shot is one trust per item. pros and cons of doing it that way but many like the flexibility of adding different people on different items. and only 1 rp when it comes time for the next item so no need to chase down prints and signatures every time you want a new item.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Kinda defeats the purpose of a tryst for me. I get it though. See my above post. Would save your family a lot of hassle years down the road. I want to make sure all of my NFA items transfer to my daughter easily when I pass. All on one.

Comment

These were through Capitol Armory and SS’ systems and I knew they would, it wasn’t worth the hassle and extra wait to me. But I understand why you guys went that route... I just have so many brothers and brothers-in-laws lol

I’m still curious what legal issues you read about?

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
        Not sure if Sean had a big practice as when I called it seemed like he was a one man band. Im sure I can have others amend it but nothing is free. His trust is easy to add items to but adding heirs can get tricky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I thought I read on here somewhere that someone was going to keep his firm going. I've got two cans in jail and need to add people to my trust once I get the cans but wasn't sure who to get to do it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
          These were through Capitol Armory and SS’ systems and I knew they would, it wasn’t worth the hassle and extra wait to me. But I understand why you guys went that route... I just have so many brothers and brothers-in-laws lol

I’m still curious what legal issues you read about?
          If you ever need assistance. With any legal action. Your attorney who’s name is on it, will help. That’s part of what you are paying for.

Comment

Originally posted by rossivey View Post
            I thought I read on here somewhere that someone was going to keep his firm going. I've got two cans in jail and need to add people to my trust once I get the cans but wasn't sure who to get to do it.

Adding people was just filling out the appointment forms that were included when you purchased the trust. That part is easy

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
              Adding people was just filling out the appointment forms that were included when you purchased the trust. That part is easy

Good to know. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                If you ever need assistance. With any legal action. Your attorney who’s name is on it, will help. That’s part of what you are paying for.
                I’ve never had to use it, but the Single Shot says to call them if you need legal advice because they’ll set you up with one of the lawyers they partner with at a discounted rate. I’m going to be googling what issues 150class was referring to though, I don’t want surprises if I need help.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                  Kinda defeats the purpose of a tryst for me. I get it though. See my above post. Would save your family a lot of hassle years down the road. I want to make sure all of my NFA items transfer to my daughter easily when I pass. All on one.
                  another benefit that truly does get "iffy"... selling one off by adding someone and letting them take possession immediately rather than waiting on a new F4. I would maybe do this with a close friends only.

and the last benefit, they are cheap!! they give people access to the benefits of a trust for $25 rather than hundreds.

obviously they are not a good choice for everyone, but they are a good choice for many.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry, I wasn’t trying to be hostile. I was curious what potential legal issues I might have.

I have 7 on a regular trust before 41F went through with a bunch of responsible people on it. Once 41F went through I didn’t feel like getting all of those people to get fingerprinted, and they take longer for approval with multiple people on it. So I have done single shot trusts on the 5 since then so that I can just add trustees later. I know most wouldn’t do it that way, but it was worth it to me to not have 8 people deal with my NFA purchases
                    Cody wrote my trust with me as the only responsible person. I have multiple other limited trustees that can possess, but otherwise have no say or bearing on the items. Added or subtracting them is as simple as printing the addendum and me dating and signing it.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                      Cody wrote my trust with me as the only responsible person. I have multiple other limited trustees that can possess, but otherwise have no say or bearing on the items. Added or subtracting them is as simple as printing the addendum and me dating and signing it.
                      That’s cool!
                      My normal trust has to have a notarized addendum adding or removing people and they have to sign it. Thus, I’d have to have all 8 removed wait a year get an approval, add them all back... order another suppressor, remove everyone again, wait another year, add them back. And none of my responsible people could have it in their possession during the waits. It would be a pain. Single Shot is much easier for me. But for most, a normal trust makes more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post

Same here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That’s cool!

My normal trust has to have a notarized addendum adding or removing people and they have to sign it. Thus, I’d have to have all 8 removed wait a year get an approval, add them all back... order another suppressor, remove everyone again, wait another year, add them back. And none of my responsible people could have it in their possession during the waits. It would be a pain. Single Shot is much easier for me. But for most, a normal trust makes more sense.

Have you contacted Sean’s firm or another NFA lawyer about having it amended? I think the cost is/was pretty low to have it set up similar to above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nope, but I would still have the problem of having my wife, dad, brothers and brother-in-laws not having access to my NFA items during the ATFs insane wait times (you're not supposed to change the responsible persons while waiting for approval). Since 41F has passed, I've probably only had 2-3 months where I didn't have a pending stamp over that 4 year period.
                            Anyway, you guys can do whatever is most practical for ya'll. Single Shot trust have made the most sense to me in my situation since 41F went into effect. I add everyone to the SS trust after each approval. It means I have to keep a couple extra pieces of paper for each stamp, but I have a notebook of stamps anyway. Thank you all for your suggestions though //not sarcasm

Comment

Sean’s trust works either way. If you leave them on then they need finger prints or remove them to avoid that step. Really flexible If you know how to operate it correctly.

Comment

I brought my Nomad home yesterday.
                                So purchased end of March last year, picked up mid February this year-
                                11 ish months.

This was with the single shot trust too.

Comment

Working...
                                X