Form 4 Wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man....

I just did some research and realized I haven't bought a can in almost 4 years! That is about to change lol

My old trust has too many people on it and the cost to make the changes aren't much different from taking advantage of Capital Armory's sale for their's and just getting a new one. That being said is the process the same or do you have to roll prints when setting up the trust also now or is that just before can purchase?

Appreciate the help folks and I will also be calling them later today.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
      Man....

I just did some research and realized I haven't bought a can in almost 4 years! That is about to change lol

My old trust has too many people on it and the cost to make the changes aren't much different from taking advantage of Capital Armory's sale for their's and just getting a new one. That being said is the process the same or do you have to roll prints when setting up the trust also now or is that just before can purchase?

No need for prints till you purchase. Your attorney that set up your trust should make the changes for free. At least mine does. They’ll charge if you constantly want stuff changed....

Comment

Form 4 Wait

Originally posted by nandosubia View Post
        Check cashed 4/24

Submitted 4/1/19.
        Check cashed 4/24/19.
        Approved 2/18/20.

324 days from submission to pickup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
          No need for prints till you purchase. Your attorney that set up your trust should make the changes for free. At least mine does. They’ll charge if you constantly want stuff changed....
          Texas Law Shield doesn’t know what free is unfortunately and wants to charge 25$ per change or something outrageous like that. Maybe I misunderstood them though.

I’ll bug them again though just to make 100% sure

Comment

Man....

Find a local Silencer Shop dealer with a kiosk or one that rolls ink prints in house. They make the process super easy and their Single Shot trusts are only $25.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
              Find a local Silencer Shop dealer with a kiosk or one that rolls ink prints in house. They make the process super easy and their Single Shot trusts are only $25.

I've read some iffy legalities about the single shot trust...
              Was curious to how much truth is to that

Comment

I've read some iffy legalities about the single shot trust...
                Was curious to how much truth is to that
                What did you read negatively about them? Was it from a lawyer wanting you to pay an arm and a leg for a trust? Just curious.
                I have 5 single shot trusts and the ATF has always approved them without issue... and when I called the ATF about the last one to get approval status the lady who answered was very familiar with them. There's going to be a lot of people in trouble if there is an issue with them.

Comment

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
                  What did you read negatively about them? Was it from a lawyer wanting you to pay an arm and a leg for a trust? Just curious.
                  I have 5 single shot trusts and the ATF has always approved them without issue... and when I called the ATF about the last one to get approval status the lady who answered was very familiar with them. There's going to be a lot of people in trouble if there is an issue with them.
                  Why 5 trusts?

That lawyer you paid an arm and a leg to will be there to help. Single shot BS won’t. That’s worth the money. He’s now also finding out that any changes cost money. They don’t with a good lawyer. I have one quality trust. Real curious why 5 is needed lol

Comment

12 months Feb 1st and still waiting

Comment

Why 5 trusts?

That lawyer you paid an arm and a leg to will be there to help. Single shot BS won’t. That’s worth the money. He’s now also finding out that any changes cost money. They don’t with a good lawyer. I have one quality trust. Real curious why 5 is needed lol

You would think your lawyer will be there until a car accident happens. No changing my trust as SC is not longer with us [emoji22]

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                        You would think your lawyer will be there until a car accident happens. No changing my trust as SC is not longer with us [emoji22]

Did his law practice close down? Any NFA lawyer should be able to amend an legitimate trust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sorry, I wasn’t trying to be hostile. I was curious what potential legal issues I might have.

I have 7 on a regular trust before 41F went through with a bunch of responsible people on it. Once 41F went through I didn’t feel like getting all of those people to get fingerprinted, and they take longer for approval with multiple people on it. So I have done single shot trusts on the 5 since then so that I can just add trustees later. I know most wouldn’t do it that way, but it was worth it to me to not have 8 people deal with my NFA purchases

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            Did his law practice close down? Any NFA lawyer should be able to amend an legitimate trust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not sure if Sean had a big practice as when I called it seemed like he was a one man band. Im sure I can have others amend it but nothing is free. His trust is easy to add items to but adding heirs can get tricky.

Comment

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
                              Sorry, I wasn’t trying to be hostile. I was curious what potential legal issues I might have.

I have 7 on a regular trust before 41F went through with a bunch of responsible people on it. Once 41F went through I didn’t feel like getting all of those people to get fingerprinted, and they take longer for approval with multiple people on it. So I have done single shot trusts on the 5 since then so that I can just add trustees later. I know most wouldn’t do it that way, but it was worth it to me to not have 8 people deal with my NFA purchases
                              Just an FYI. But it’s too late on those now. Place like capitol armory and SS will father everyone’s stuff once. Then when you buy all each person has to do is DocuSign. Super super easy. Yes it’s a pain at first. But it’s a one time deal. Smart on their end because I’ll buy from them since they have all of our pics and prints on file! I only have 3 people on my trust including me. But there’s about 20 items on it already.

Comment

Why 5 trusts?

single shot is one trust per item. pros and cons of doing it that way but many like the flexibility of adding different people on different items. and only 1 rp when it comes time for the next item so no need to chase down prints and signatures every time you want a new item.

Comment

Working...
                                X