Form 4 Wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
    I see blue dots inline with the red ones. Maybe the majority that submitted after 41F did it as individual.
    Funny how there are a few blue dots under 100 days! Wonder who their daddy knows to expedite it!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
      Funny how there are a few blue dots under 100 days! Wonder who their daddy knows to expedite it!
      No shet!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
        You don't send gift cards in with your forms??

Comment

I am approaching 1 yr.

Comment

Just got off the phone with ATF. Currently approving trust form 4s from August and Sept of last year.
            Last edited by Outbreaker; 09-28-2017, 08:41 AM. Reason: missing info

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
              Just got off the phone with ATF. Currently approving trust form 4s from August and Sept of last year.
              Terrible. One dang year. No way it takes that long

Comment

At least it's moving. When I called 2 weeks ago it was July and August.

Comment

I'm about to pick up a Ruger Silent RS 10/22 takedown...considering not putting it into a trust and just do the individual from what I've been reading here.

Comment

Originally posted by landman650 View Post
                    I'm about to pick up a Ruger Silent RS 10/22 takedown...considering not putting it into a trust and just do the individual from what I've been reading here.
                    Issue comes at death. ATF as right now allows for you to pass to your kids without issue (could change at any time). But when your kids die who they leave it to will have to go through the full re-transfer along with the tax.

That is why I am going trust, even with the wait.

Comment

Issue comes at death. ATF as right now allows for you to pass to your kids without issue (could change at any time). But when your kids die who they leave it to will have to go through the full re-transfer along with the tax.

That is why I am going trust, even with the wait.
                      I'm 35...honestly, not too big of a concern for me. In 20 years, maybe I'll spend another $200 to convey to my trust. My thing for the trust is the people in my family being able to defend themselves at home with a gun that is suppressed while I'm not around. A 10/22 isn't in the top 20 guns any of my family members would reach for in that instance so I really don't care in this one purchase.

*I already have a trust BTW with wife as trustee and 2.5 year old as beneficiary.

Comment

Do yourself a favor do individual at this point, and if you kick the bucket have your family turn it into a Winchime and get your suppressor quicker

Comment

Issue comes at death. ATF as right now allows for you to pass to your kids without issue
                          This is incorrect. A tax-exempt Form 5 transfer can only go to ONE individual lawful heir.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                            This is incorrect. A tax-exempt Form 5 transfer can only go to ONE individual lawful heir.
                            That is what I said. I just did not specify 1 and the form number.

The issue comes on the second death it becomes messier, I have seen this nightmare and it resulted in a family/Historic heirloom being confiscated by the ATF.

I like to make things easier for heirs.

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
                              Do yourself a favor do individual at this point, and if you kick the bucket have your family turn it into a Winchime and get your suppressor quicker
                              This is what I'm thinking

Comment

That is what I said. I just did not specify 1 and the form number.

The issue comes on the second death it becomes messier, I have seen this nightmare and it resulted in a family/Historic heirloom being confiscated by the ATF.

I like to make things easier for heirs.
                                Not that I disagree cause this is why all my other NFA items are in a trust, but just just for a plinkster suppressor I figured it would be okay to do individual for this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X