No announcement yet.

Alamo Precision Offer for TBH Members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was actually going to start a thread on this today looking for info on y'all. I was loooking on your website last night and had some questions regarding barrel selection as far as contour. I am looking to build a little heavier that what you listed in the post above. Do we have choice as far as barrel contour? i am very interested and will be following this thread and reaching out to you in the near future.

Comment

kool.............

Comment

Hmm... I'll definitely be thinking about this once the holidays are over

Comment

Uhhhg! I just sent one off last week.

What is avg turnaround?

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            Hmmmmmm

What is your turn around time?
            I too am curious about turn around time.

I have a 700 in a stock I allready love but have been thinking about rebarreling, and truing the action. Probably in a 6mm something maybe 6.5-284... Not sure. Are yall adding a discount to such endeavors as well?

Comment

Wow guys! Thanks for the interest. I'll try to answer all the questions asked here so far.

Turn around time - Most of our builds are completed within two weeks of having all components in hand. These will be a little different. Our pricing on this offer hinges on us being able to batch most of this work together for maximum efficiency. As an example I will be doing all of the action truing over the course of a few days, then all of the chambering over the next few days, then the bedding and cerakote, etc. This is why we have a cut off date of Jan 31st. I have reserved a block of shop time in our schedule specifically for this TBH offer immediately following the order cut-off date. In short, the turn time will be dependent on how many orders we receive. That said, I don't see it being longer than 4 weeks after the cut-off.

Cerakote Pricing - You can find our pricing on the site by clicking the Cerakote logo or clicking the "gunsmith" tab.
              Alamo Precision Rifles is a full service firearms retailer and custom-gun maker located in Hurst, TX.

Triggers - Good question. For this offer we will be using whichever trigger the customer supplies. When we offer this build using our action it comes standard with the x-mark pro trigger, with the option of an "upgrade". Yes I know, I'm not a fan either. Triggers are a personal choice and everybody has their favorites. The rifle price will obviously change depending on which trigger a customer prefers, so its hard to establish a base price given the many variables. Thats why we let the customer decide. We do keep Timneys on the shelf.

Bottom Metal - This one hasnt been brought up yet, but I want to make sure it gets addressed. All of our stocks for this build are inletted for BDL bottom metal. The customer would need to supply bottom metal.

Barrel contours - Again, we are limited to the standard sporter and magnum sporter contours for this specific build.

Catslayer - Yes, please stop by as we'd love to meet fellow TBH members. We also have a few of these rifles built and on the shelf. A picture is worth a thousand words but actually handling one is better!

Comment

That APR looks like a good value. How much does it cost to upgrade to a timney on one of the ones with your 700 action?

Comment

Can you build a rifle with the varmint contour/ Sendero?

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                    That APR looks like a good value. How much does it cost to upgrade to a timney on one of the ones with your 700 action?
                    probably the retail cost of the trigger which is $129.00

you may be able to find them cheaper by searching the inet , problem is most places are sold out due to the 700 trigger recall

always best to buy all your parts ahead of time and then deliver to GS

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
                    Can you build a rifle with the varmint contour/ Sendero?
                    I'm sure APR can build whatever you want , but the TBH $925 special involves a standard sporter and/or magnum sporter contours for this specific build

price would likely be increase with a different barrel contour , since it would have to be special ordered thus adding to the delivery delay
                    Last edited by Cajun Blake; 12-19-2014, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Thanks Blake! Those were the exact answers I was going to give. You summed it up well, almost like you might have have done this before

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                        probably the retail cost of the trigger which is $129.00

you may be able to find them cheaper by searching the inet , problem is most places are sold out due to the 700 trigger recall

always best to buy all your parts ahead of time and then deliver to GS

I'm sure APR can build whatever you want , but the TBH $925 special involves a standard sporter and/or magnum sporter contours for this specific build

price would likely be increase with a different barrel contour , since it would have to be special ordered thus adding to the delivery delay

I just want a 6.5 creedmor so bad lol !!! Well u know that Blake

Comment

Why do I have to keep seeing such temptation! There has been so many cool deals come out since my wife got preg and my play budget went to zip. Some day. Really want a custom 7-08 and a larger caliber for big game hunting.

Comment

Ok, got of early and decided to drive the 30 yard out of my may to say hello!

Robert and Jason SUPER NICE GUYS. WAY IMPRESSED with the shop and the overall professionalism. Got to feel up the rifles in the post they are real, and they are really cool and am digging it. Ended up spending over an hour there chatting and learning. Robert is the kind of guy that you want working on your rifle. Meaning he is a perfectionist and a straight shooter. Lots of big plans in the works, exciting stuff.

Really great location, right off the corner of 820 and Highway 10 in Hurst. Stop in guys you won't be disapointed

Comment

Thanks Catslayer, enjoyed the visit as well. Like I said, stop by any time and maybe you can watch the machines do their thing next time. Keep thinking about that Ackley, you'll dig it.

Comment

After going through some PM's, I'm going to help answer a few more questions here so that everyone can see them. We can still offer some upgrades for these rifles, we just can't alter the base components(Stock model or barrel contour) and maintain the same pricing. We can still do things like side bolt stop releases, brakes, tac style bolt knobs, etc. If someone is interested in branching out a different direction with barrel contours it would have to be at the standard model base price and then go from there. Which is absolutely doable. I hate that, but its the only way we can leverage the bulk pricing on the components and pass those savings on to the buyer.

Comment

Working...
                                X