rem 600 35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rem 600 35

Just in case anyone is interested this is posted in the classifieds.

When I read that my first thought was the .350 Rem Mag. They sold it in a realatively light laminated stock version that was brutal to shoot. The .35 Rem is a whole lot better idea if you ask me. Looks like a sweet gun.

Comment

I've got a 14" Contender barrel in .35 Rem. Great round! Remington now offers a 150gr load in .35 Rem. It's a flat shooting hard hitting son-of-a-gun! I've shot several boxes of them. I've also loaded every thing from a 115 9mm to a 35 cal 250gr spitzer by Sierra in it. My great grandfather bought a Rem Model 8 when they first cam out in .35 Rem. And that is what my grandfather grew up shooting. It was actually the first simi-auto rimless rifle cartridge ever made. The Model 8 got stolen when my Dad was a teen. So I've been looking to add another Model 8 to my collection.

Your Rem 600 is a very great and clean looking piece . I had read they had made a few in .35 Rem . And that would be the perfect brush gun for deer to black bear, or slightly larger . It would do a number on hogs. No need to ask how I know .

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        I've got a 14" Contender barrel in .35 Rem. Great round! Remington now offers a 150gr load in .35 Rem. It's a flat shooting hard hitting son-of-a-gun! I've shot several boxes of them. I've also loaded every thing from a 115 9mm to a 35 cal 250gr spitzer by Sierra in it. My great grandfather bought a Rem Model 8 when they first cam out in .35 Rem. And that is what my grandfather grew up shooting. It was actually the first simi-auto rimless rifle cartridge ever made. The Model 8 got stolen when my Dad was a teen. So I've been looking to add another Model 8 to my collection.

Your Rem 600 is a very great and clean looking piece . I had read they had made a few in .35 Rem . And that would be the perfect brush gun for deer to black bear, or slightly larger . It would do a number on hogs. No need to ask how I know .
        Now that's a good answer ....

I too have a 14" Contender in .35 Rem. Think I bought it in 76 or 77, maybe 78. It's my answer to anybody that asks if I'm recoil sensitive . It's a brute! Don't really know how to expalin it ... maybe like a .35 Rem is to a .44 Mag like a .44 Mag is to a .357. To be totally honest, I seldom use the .35 Rem bbl. For hunting I usually use the .44 mag bbl. Have a .223 bbl that rareley gets used as does the .357/38 bbl. .44 is my hunting favorite.

Comment

The .35 Remington was introduced in 1906, along with the .25 Remington, .30 Remington, and .32 Remington.

Comment

You are correct Phillip. Seems that, and the breif family history I gave, would give away my age . My Grandfather was born in 1914. And my great grandfather Berry came to Texas to live from the Carolina's in 1901, and married a Collier who's family had been established here for much longer than that . Great granddfather was a hunter, finance investor, and later a preacher. He's the one who bought the rifle when they first started producing them. They were originally loaded with a 200gr Lead round nose. And you can still find ammo like that today. They were also the first rifle adopted by various police/law enforcement departments when they were finally allowed to carry more than a shot gun and revolver. The other calibers are almost obsolete. But the .35 Rem lives on today .

Edit; I hate misspellings .
            Last edited by Texas Grown; 08-24-2014, 10:44 AM.

Comment

You are correct Phillip. Seems that, and the breif family history I gave, would give away my age . My Grandfather was born in 1914. And my great grandfather Berry came to Texas to live from the Carolina's in 1901, and married a Collier who's family had been established here for much longer than that . Great granddfather was a hunter, finance investor, and later a preacher. He's the one who bought the rifle when they first started producing them. They were originally loaded with a 200gr Lead round nose. And you can still find ammo like that today. They were also the first rifle adopted by various police/law enforcement departments when they were finally allowed to carry more than a shot gun and revolver. The other calibers are almost obsolete. But the .35 Rem lives on today .

Edit; I hate misspellings .
              The famed Texas Ranger, Captain Frank Hamer, used a customized .35 Remington Model 8 with a 15 round magazine when he hunted down Bonnie and Clyde.

Comment

Working...
              X