.308 load data assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.308 load data assistance

I am going to load some 110gr TTSX in my .308 just for fun and was curious if anyone had some data for CFE223 and this bullet. I know it's not a common weight, but again this is a $#!+$ and giggles load.

Go to hodgdon.com. you can print all the load data they have for free

Comment

The 2014 Hodgdon manual doesn't show any 308 loads until you get to 130gr grains.

Comment

Ya that's my problem, hodgdon site doesn't have much info for that bullet especially with the powders I have IMR 3031 and cfe 223. Would prefer to use my cfe powder since I don't use it for anything yet haha

Comment

Would the load data for 110gr hornady with cfe223 be okay. I've just heard in the past you load barnes differently...

Comment

I wouldn't use load data for other bullets just to be safe. You can call Barnes and they should give you some data to work with. Hope this helps.

Comment

Look at the varget and winchester 748. My .308's love some varget

Comment

Originally posted by zac221 View Post
                Would the load data for 110gr hornady with cfe223 be okay. I've just heard in the past you load barnes differently...
                i wouldnt use 110gr lead core load data, But a 130gr lead core should be fine for 110gr barnes. the reason you load them "Different" is they dont have a lead core so the 110gr bullet is the size of a 130gr BTW i all my 308 i load the barnes 130gr with Varget and its the cats meow.

Comment

Barnes will give you the load data.

they may have more in their book as well.

Comment

check out ammoguide.com

Comment

Using a solid bullet I would never mix load data because the bearing surface is so much different. You can some times get away with it with lead core bullets. As to load data I would go to Barnes or the powder manufacturer. But off the top of my head that will be incredibly inefficient and extremely hard on your barrel, why not just run the 150 or 168 its a much better match to the .308

Comment

Just trying to have a fun little bullet to see what it does... I will contact barnes and see what they say. I have a great 165gr load with imr3031 and looking to have an experimental round for the sake of seeing how good these bullets are I guess. I have no experience with Barnes and have heard they're loaded differently and that you can run a lighter bullet and get just as good of performance by pushing them faster since they don't fragment on impact at high velocities. Thank you for input. May end up scrapping this idea if I don't get any solid leads with this bullet/powder combo.

Comment

Working...
                        X