Big guns should not shoot this good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big guns should not shoot this good

My youngest son and I are working on a dangerous game hunt I. Zimbabwe next year.
    I put together a new gun for the trip.
    I bought a Remington XCR II in .375 H&H
    Added a H-S Precision stock and a Leupold VX 6 scope.
    It took me a week to get it sighted in as I would only shoot 3 times a afternoon and tweet the scope a little after each shot.
    I felt like I pretty much had it yesterday but wanted the gun to cool off before trying a group.
    Today I shot 3 federal safari grade Swift A frames into the same hole.

I just love a new toy, now I just need to go bust a few hogs with it

All gun's should shoot that well! But its not fair to the critters when you're throwing 900 grains in 3 shot's into the same hole

Comment

375 H&H is a very repeatable round for me, now I don't know the distance you shot your group at but at 100 both of mine will shoot well. But it helps that the bullet diameter is large in making shots touch, haha
      Love me some big rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Seacoal View Post
        All gun's should shoot that well! But its not fair to the critters when you're throwing 900 grains in 3 shot's into the same hole
        Pretty sure it's not fair to critters when buff hunts them no matter what he is shooting them with. Lol

Comment

my shoulder hurts thinking about this!

Comment

I'd love to see some pics of your new setup

Comment

Front to back, that .375H&H should field dress a hog too!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                Pretty sure it's not fair to critters when buff hunts them no matter what he is shooting them with. Lol
                Very true!

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
                  my shoulder hurts thinking about this!
                  He only shot three a day! You know, because the barrell was "too hot"

Comment

quit teasing us and show us some pics!

Comment

It is one of my favorite guns. Best gun I ever took to Africa... took it for my lion but ended up using it on everything because of how well it works!

Comment

Great to hear it all came together and worked out well

Comment

This thread will destruct without photos.

Comment

Great round, good shooting. I am/was an ARMY sniper so my preferences vary a bit, but you should do very well with that round. Best of luck and I'm a bit jealous.....

Comment

I just got back from South Africa where we shot a total of 12 plains game animals with my 7mm UltraMag. I reload all of my own ammunition and for this hunt worked up 160 gr Barnes TSX shells. I know it is too small for Cape Buffalo but the point I will make is about shot placement. Every animal I shot dropped in its tracks where it stood. The hydrostatic shock of those Barnes TSX bullets is incredible. Bullet placement is critical on all of those African animals. They are big and a lot tougher than anything we have over here. The hide on the Sable is 3/8ths of an inch thick!
                              So, your 375 H&H will be a great caliber for what you are planning to hunt but I would say to definitely use a high quality bullet/brand and practice shooting off sticks, a lot. What a great time you will have.
                              Like I said, we just got back and I cannot wait to go again.

Comment

Working...
                              X