Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ecoboost View Post
    Nice job Samson! What are the specs on the mini 14?
    I sent it off to Accuracy Systems Inc to get a new barrel and other upgrades. The package I got was:

Proprietary Button rifled barrel - 416 stainless or 4140 CM Blue steel.
    18.5" Length by .750" diameter barrel selection.
    1 x 9 twist rate .223Rem.or 5.56 NATO
    3 point steel bedding
    .750" gas block upgrade
    11° Target crown
    3.5 pound two stage trigger
    Machine work & stock fitting
    Uses your hand guard fitted to our barrel
    True bolt & action if needed
    Sub -1.50 MOA accuracy guarantee (1.042" = 1 MOA) 3 shot group @ 100 yards with factory selected ammo. ( Capable of Sub-MOA accuracy

Also had them add their muzzle brake and scope mount for the early mini's. I get 3/4" groups with the vmaxs and 1/2" groups with the 55gr TTSX. Well worth the 9 month wait!

Comment

Thought I'd bring my favorite thread on TBH back from the dead!

I got to sight in my Photon 4.6 XT last night and mess with removal and install of the Burris PEPR QD mount to check for return to zero...

Anyway here's the damage from the last three shots after I got it zeroed.

20" 20 practical from BlackHole Weaponry and AAC 762 SDN-6 suppressor, sandbag and bipod from truck bed
      Full moon (absolutely no IR needeed!), 40*, wind <--- at 3-5 mph, 85 yds.
      OnTarget has it at 0.74" CTC (that's not too bad for me without introducing variables such as removing the optic and re-installing it!)

Comment

I'm wishing I purchased QD rings instead of the burris QD mount. More mounting flexibility with rings, and the Photon needs it.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
          I'm wishing I purchased QD rings instead of the burris QD mount. More mounting flexibility with rings, and the Photon needs it.
          I agree that it isn't the best way to mount the Photon... I wasn't even planning on getting it, but the price and rebate almost forced me to.

However, it works... backwards (just barely) on the Pic rail on an AR.

Comment

Originally posted by PharmerJon View Post
            I agree that it isn't the best way to mount the Photon... I wasn't even planning on getting it, but the price and rebate almost forced me to.

However, it works... backwards (just barely) on the Pic rail on an AR.

I just got mine mounted up and sighted in as well. My three shots were just a little more than an inch but I did not have a solid rest and was in the day time. I feel I can do better at night.
            On a side note this thing is incredible. With the full moon last night I could see deer 800 yards out on our wheat.
            About the Burris Pepr QD..I got it as well and mounted it the way I would any other scope and it seems fine to me. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415381835.444533.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	247.9 KB
ID:	24343151

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
              I just got mine mounted up and sighted in as well. My three shots were just a little more than an inch but I did not have a solid rest and was in the day time. I feel I can do better at night.
              On a side note this thing is incredible. With the full moon last night I could see deer 800 yards out on our wheat.
              About the Burris Pepr QD..I got it as well and mounted it the way I would any other scope and it seems fine to me. [ATTACH]668197[/ATTACH]
              have you done anything to focus the photon or adjustments? Not getting near that distance on mine....
              Great looking setup!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                have you done anything to focus the photon or adjustments? Not getting near that distance on mine....

Great looking setup!

Just the objective and eyepiece focus adjustments. And thank you!

Comment

That gun is beautiful.

Comment

Will the Photon handle recoil of larger calibers, .270, 308, etc.?

Comment

Yea nice looking weapon sir.

I have the Burris QD mounted backwards on mine...no issues

Richard, yes is the answer

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                        That gun is beautiful.

Originally posted by Tsix-eightX View Post
                        Yea nice looking weapon sir.

I have the Burris QD mounted backwards on mine...no issues

Richard, yes is the answer

Thank yall! I worked hard building it.
                        I just couldn't stand have the throw levers in the right side of the gun.
                        You really can't beat these photons for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
                          Thank yall! I worked hard building it.
                          I just couldn't stand have the throw levers in the right side of the gun.
                          You really can't beat these photons for the money.
                          I ordered my 4.6 Photon the other day. I cant wait for it to come in. Would yall recommend the doubler? Im guessing most of my shooting out past 100 yds.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard M. View Post
                            Will the Photon handle recoil of larger calibers, .270, 308, etc.?

Maximum Recoil, G's1000

Should be good on a 308 according to the specs. Every setup will very though.

Comment

Originally posted by sleepymedic1 View Post
                              I ordered my 4.6 Photon the other day. I cant wait for it to come in. Would yall recommend the doubler? Im guessing most of my shooting out past 100 yds.
                              Not needed IMO.....

Comment

Originally posted by sleepymedic1 View Post

I haven't used a doubler but I don't think it's necessary. The field of view is pretty small as is

Comment

Working...
                                X