Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miket View Post
    Good question. I have 3 sets of parts made, though I am waiting on a few electronic parts to complete them. I am debating what to do from here. This one very well may be passed around to get opnions etc
    sign me up!

on a side note, got a notification from UPS yesterday that my scope and dvr were on their way back. Gonna rush home and wait on the brown truck to pull up.

Comment

Well. Looks like im shooting the Photo XT now. I like the features of changing the reticle and the display options. Battery and IR levels are nice too. Feels lighter too. Guess thats from not having manual turrets? Got a new dvr too.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuy View Post
        Well. Looks like im shooting the Photo XT now. I like the features of changing the reticle and the display options. Battery and IR levels are nice too. Feels lighter too. Guess thats from not having manual turrets? Got a new dvr too.

Go ahead and order you an external ir now. I thought the same thing when I got mine. The external ir really "makes it shine"

Comment

Nice! So they upgraded you to the XT?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434765622.490683.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	24387235

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434765641.145038.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	24387236

A few pics with the miketnv of a doe from this evening. She was about 80yds out. As always ( for me ) this is an iphone pic of the screen so quality is lost.....

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
              Go ahead and order you an external ir now. I thought the same thing when I got mine. The external ir really "makes it shine"
              Ivr been running the UNV20IR with my photon. Like turning on the lights

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
              Nice! So they upgraded you to the XT?
              Yep yep. Brand new xt and dvr.

Comment

Ivr been running the UNV20IR with my photon. Like turning on the lights

Yep yep. Brand new xt and dvr.

Wow lucky you

Comment

Im pretty happy with the customer service. No hastle.

Comment

Im pretty happy with the customer service. No hastle.
                    Chuy, when I said, "I have a feeling I know what they are going to say..." I was indicating I figured you'd get upgraded to the XT. If it's not an easily fixable problem, they've done that for a few people that I know of.

Congrats to you....the XT is a super nice upgrade! With the 20IR you are going to be very impressed with the quality over the original Photon. Nothing wrong with the original but a free upgrade is icing on the cake.

Comment

Oh I've been busy and forgot to post much here about it but I now have the Photon XT 6.5x IN STOCK! There are two models so be VERY careful if you are looking at buying one, you need to be 100% sure what you are looking at because there has already been a great deal of confusion on this issue.

There is a Photon XT 6.5x50S and 6.5x50L. The S has an LED IR illuminator just like the XT 4.6x42S. However, the L has a Laser IR illuminator which is brighter and has a better range than the LED illuminators. The 6.5x50S retails for $649.97 and the 6.5x50L retails for $699.97. I have both in stock and have a TBH discount available on both.

Sightmark's specs on the Laser version show it should get about a 90 yard increase in detection range over the LED version. I have yet to test this first hand but I will be doing some testing very soon and I'll report back.

PM me for TBH pricing. I also have 4.6x Photons in stock, as well as UNV 20IR's and UNV MDVR's.

- Jason

Comment

My uncle ordered ours without telling me! I believe he ordered from you though so it's all good. Hope he got the right ones.

Comment

Originally posted by rebelmdb69 View Post
                          My uncle ordered ours without telling me! I believe he ordered from you though so it's all good. Hope he got the right ones.
                          Ha! Not sure if he bought from me or not. I'm definitely not bashing the LED models but for most people the extra $50 is going to be well worth the money, especially if they aren't wanting to buy an external IR. Also, I just don't want people to be confused and think they are getting some discount at $649 on the S model when in reality they are confused on the two different models. I really wish Sightmark would have been a little clearer in their naming structure but hey....they didn't ask me.

Comment

Have yall had any luck with the angel eyes dvr or something other than the UNV one? I need to get one so I can post better pics and video.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                              Have yall had any luck with the angel eyes dvr or something other than the UNV one? I need to get one so I can post better pics and video.

I got the UNV one cause it was the only one I could find that had built in audio and that was very important to me. Several I found had audio capabilities but you would have to plug in a mic and that would go in the input port so you couldn't have audio and video at the same time.
                              To me the UNV was worth the cost because it just works great. Very easy to use and hasn't let me down yet.

Comment

Interesting. At the moment I dont have a need for audio ( though who knows when that will change ). I do want something that will last, I dont like buying stuff repeatedly. It looks like the screen is the same size as the one on my miketnv so there is no benefit there.

Comment

Working...
                                X