X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found it. Thanks bud!

Comment

[ATTACH]718841
      Got this the other night. 6.8 YHM upper 100grain accubond @125yards ATN Mars 6 with torch IR
      Attached Files

Comment

Anyone having issues with their photon? I took my photon out the other day, on the same rifle its been on and couldnt get it to sight in. As a matter of fact, to get it to shoot straight, the cross hairs were off the image frame! Very low and right. Guess I need to call sightmark.

Ended up scrapping it, and using my Eotech to smoke this dude.

Check out the cutters in this guy. He took a 130gr pill behind the ear, dropped and acted he wanted to run. I put another between his ear and eye and he dropped. Put another in him as he lay on the ground just to be sure.
        Attached Files

Comment

That's weird about your photon, bud. Let us know what you work out. Glad you still brought home the bacon though!

Comment

yeah, i dont get it. Same mount, same gun. Then decided to swap it. The only difference is that I took it off the 6.8 and put it on the 300 blackout to see if I could swap it and get it sighted in. Using a PEPR mount. Double, triple and quatruple checked the mount. Nothing.
            I DID notice that the main part of the unit is able to rotate now, which it never did. You can grab the top of the scope and push it side to side, while still inside the mount..

That pig was an odd ball lone boar. I hadnt been feeding for a few months so I didnt expect to kill anything but the full beers in the cooler. He came out a few hundred yards away. I couldnt decide how to kill him (300bo or 6.8) and he eventually ran back in, so I figured it was "game time" and got comfy to wait him out past dark if needed, 6.8 loves the dark. I keep looking left, nothing, and went back to playing my phone game. A few minutes later, i turn around and look out the right window, and 15 yards from my dang truck stood this ugly thing. 15 yards! lol. In my haste in opening the dang window and grabbing the 300BO, he trotted out to around 75 yards and stood broadside, dumb***
            Last edited by Chuy; 06-09-2015, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuy View Post
              Anyone having issues with their photon? I took my photon out the other day, on the same rifle its been on and couldnt get it to sight in. As a matter of fact, to get it to shoot straight, the cross hairs were off the image frame! Very low and right. Guess I need to call sightmark.

Check out the cutters in this guy. He took a 130gr pill behind the ear, dropped and acted he wanted to run. I put another between his ear and eye and he dropped. Put another in him as he lay on the ground just to be sure.
              You sight photons in same way as a regular scope correct?

Comment

yep. the thing is, it was already sighted in. I had it zero'd at 100 with my 6.8.

Comment

I had a similar issue with mine. Went to the range to check zero and it was 10" or more off. I'd be walking it in to center and then next thing I'd know it'd be way off on the next shot. Next day I took it to the range and the screen went out.

Comment

Chuy the fact that it's free spinning is no bueno. I'd call SM.

Comment

Congrats on the pig and nice teeth! Hope you get the Photon issues worked out, seems like they have good customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                        Congrats on the pig and nice teeth! Hope you get the Photon issues worked out, seems like they have good customer service.

That they do. Sent me a brand new one when mine messed up.

Comment

how long did it take you to get it back? Ill be submitting my info here in a few hours. This really blows. Ive been waiting for MONTHS to get back into the woods to kill some pigs after dark and this happened. Oh well, at least it wasnt a total loss. Crazy part is that our ranch NEVER floods and it has a bunch of standing water in the middle of the senderos right now, which should have made for a SUPER fun night hunt.

Comment

how long did it take you to get it back? Ill be submitting my info here in a few hours. This really blows. Ive been waiting for MONTHS to get back into the woods to kill some pigs after dark and this happened. Oh well, at least it wasnt a total loss. Crazy part is that our ranch NEVER floods and it has a bunch of standing water in the middle of the senderos right now, which should have made for a SUPER fun night hunt.

It was only like a week or two. If they have them in stock they'll ship you a new one most likely.

Comment

Yep it should be fast Chuy. They were in stock earlier today because I ordered more before lunch and they've already shipped them my way.

Soooo.....I've got the 4.6x Photon and in stock and guess what.....I should have the 6.5x in stock any day now too. Details to come.

- Jason

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434037282.044579.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	24384796

Slooowwllly, getting parts done for my next build(s). Been so busy lately its slow going. Hope to get some time soon to get em done. The design process took much longer than I had hoped, and takes quite a bit of effort for someone like me that isnt very creative.

Comment

Working...
                                X