• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
    Looking back now he sure would fit nicely in a crock pot
    Ha!

Comment

Little frustrated with my photon. Sighted it in a couple weeks ago and it's sat since. Hasn't been banged around or anything. Took a shot at a pig last night and my buddy was looking through his pulsar. He called a miss. As soon as I squeezed off my shot my photon screen went super fuzzy and white. I couldn't see a darn thing. My buddy said the pig ran off. I adjusted my front focus ring in the completely opposite direction it was in and it cleared up. I took it back out today and checked my zero. It was pretty off. I made a few adjustments and was walking it in. mafe another adjusment and did a three shot group. It went ape**** and was in a completely different spot. I got ****** and put it back in the truck. Just gonna be using my buddy's rifle tonight. Anyone else have anything like that with their photon?

Comment

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
        Little frustrated with my photon. Sighted it in a couple weeks ago and it's sat since. Hasn't been banged around or anything. Took a shot at a pig last night and my buddy was looking through his pulsar. He called a miss. As soon as I squeezed off my shot my photon screen went super fuzzy and white. I couldn't see a darn thing. My buddy said the pig ran off. I adjusted my front focus ring in the completely opposite direction it was in and it cleared up. I took it back out today and checked my zero. It was pretty off. I made a few adjustments and was walking it in. mafe another adjusment and did a three shot group. It went ape**** and was in a completely different spot. I got ****** and put it back in the truck. Just gonna be using my buddy's rifle tonight. Anyone else have anything like that with their photon?
        Had the exact same thing happen and then the next time I took it out the screen went out entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
          Had the exact same thing happen and then the next time I took it out the screen went out entirely.
          Well that's not comforting haha. What did ya do to remedy it

Comment

Well that's not comforting haha. What did ya do to remedy it

I know sorry! Lol. But they took care of me. Sent it back and they sent me a brand new one for free.

Comment

Nice I'll have to do the same. I'm glad I didnt huck it out of the blind like I initially wanted to haha

Comment

Zero issues with original and new version.

Comment

I know I've asked before. But what mount are Yall running on the original photon? The one with turrets. I ended up going steel mark 4 leupold 30mm rings but think I'm a Lil on the heavy side. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                    I know I've asked before. But what mount are Yall running on the original photon? The one with turrets. I ended up going steel mark 4 leupold 30mm rings but think I'm a Lil on the heavy side. Lol.

I do not have the turret model, but I'm running the Photon XT with Warne 216LM rings. They're QD and Rock solid. I tried the Burris PEPR but it felt cheap and restricted my mounting options. Lots of guys use the Sightmark QD rings as well.

Comment

First blood with the new rig. Can't wait for some swine!

Comment

Got out this weekend for a bit of scouting - was using a pvs-14 on a helmet rig. Had a blast, but shadows exist and while I saw dozens of targets of opportunity - there was much more movement in the shadows that I could not not see well. Should have thermal in 3 weeks, and the killing should begin in earnest.

fwiw I was scouting my chicken yard and observing a rat infestation.

Comment

Just wanted to give another shout out to Jason at Outdoor Legacy. Mentioned my issues with my photon to him and he was very quick to get me the info needed to square me away. Best customer service I've ever dealt with from him with everything. Thanks again.

Comment

Just wanted to give another shout out to Jason at Outdoor Legacy. Mentioned my issues with my photon to him and he was very quick to get me the info needed to square me away. Best customer service I've ever dealt with from him with everything. Thanks again.

Couldn't agree more. I didn't even buy my photon from Jason and he put me in contact with the right people to get me a new one. Great guy for sure!

Comment

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the kind words and support.

I still have a few Photons in stock, as well as 20IR's.

- Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                                Thanks guys, I really appreciate the kind words and support.

I still have a few Photons in stock, as well as 20IR's.

- Jason

Photon and a 20ir has to be the most affordable deadly combination.

Comment

Working...
                                X