Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fisHRman View Post
    Got some video my buddy recorded of some of the hog kills. If anybody knows how to post video, I can either email it to you or you can tell me how.
    Send me PM with your email and I'll help.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys! I've got the UNV MDVR's in stock.

I've also got a few more of the Photon 4.6x XT's in stock and ready to ship out if anyone knows someone who's looking for one. PM me for the TBH discount details.

LastHurrah, that X-Sight should sell! Now that they've worked the kinks out via the firmware updates, they seem to be good to go. I don't have any in stock right now so if I hear of someone looking, I'll send them your way.

Oh and I almost forgot....I should have another Pulsar Thermal Apex XD50A rifle scope in stock stock next week. $3,499, best bang for you buck in the thermal market and there is a TBH discount if you PM me!

- Jason

Comment

Originally posted by fisHRman View Post
        Got some video my buddy recorded of some of the hog kills. If anybody knows how to post video, I can either email it to you or you can tell me how.
        FisHRman is a stone cold killa! Links will open vid in a new window.

Lead Poison

First Five Kills

Comment

Nice work fisHRman!

Pow-pow, pow, Booom

Comment

It's a blast. Got to get with Jason and get me a cam. All those are off my buddies. It is definitely a target rich environment! Saw some 11 ft plus gators out there too!

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post

I've also got a few more of the Photon 4.6x XT's in stock and ready to ship out if anyone knows someone who's looking for one. PM me for the TBH discount details.

LastHurrah, that X-Sight should sell! Now that they've worked the kinks out via the firmware updates, they seem to be good to go. I don't have any in stock right now so if I hear of someone looking, I'll send them your way.

Oh and I almost forgot....I should have another Pulsar Thermal Apex XD50A rifle scope in stock stock next week. $3,499, best bang for you buck in the thermal market and there is a TBH discount if you PM me!

- Jason
              Thanks Jason!

Comment

- Jason
                I want an Apex, you will be hearing from me, soon!

Comment

This was "technically" a nightvision kill, my son ( and I ) was using my miketnv on the 6.8SPC Saturday evening. The pig came in before dark and he smoked him. 195lb on the scale.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430317718.614205.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	24376684

Comment

- Jason
                    Jason - can you PM me with the THB discount on the Photon? I don't have enough posts to PM yet... Thanks!

Comment

Wow, awesome gear! Whether you're talking about hunting or self-defense, there are two kinds of shooters: those who have night vision, and those who don't. I wonder if the price on those Gen 3 scopes will ever come down to where we can get one for $199 at Academy.....

Comment

Sub'd

Comment

Hey guys I see I've got some PM's and Grimas, I'll get in touch with you too. I'm super busy this afternoon but I'll reply to everyone ASAP.

FishHRman, those videos are awesome!! Those hogs just stand there and let you pick them off one by one! Are y'all shooting suppressed? When our hogs hear the first crack, they take off for the closest woods at lightning speed.

Darn nice hog MikeT, glad to see the youngster got to nail him!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruark View Post
                            Wow, awesome gear! Whether you're talking about hunting or self-defense, there are two kinds of shooters: those who have night vision, and those who don't. I wonder if the price on those Gen 3 scopes will ever come down to where we can get one for $199 at Academy.....

Probably never that low. I'm seeing gen 3 pvs-14s for around 2000-2400 now already though. But with the advances in thermal technology and prices dropping people are starting to buy thermal more than buying a gen3 scope.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruark View Post
                              No I can't ever see that happening. The production cost of traditional NV is just too high. There might be a day when you see some cheaper digital NV scopes for $200-$250. I can see that happening as digital technology advances. But the nice stuff with good warranties is going to be very hard to get down below that $450-$500 mark. You can already buy some of the lower quality Gen 1 and digital NV monoculars in the $200-$300 price range but it's not great past 30-50 yards on a dark night.

It's also worth considering that before the Photon came out, the lowest priced, good quality, best selling (in that lower price range) NV was the Pulsar Digisight N750 at $1,750. So the Photon turned NV on it's head offering a high quality optic at $500. There might be a day waaaay off that the price will take a big drop like that, but I just cant' see it.

Like Keaton said, what I see is thermal prices dropping over the next 5 years and that will force some lower prices on the Gen 3 stuff. A lot of manufacturers are already phasing out all their Gen 2 stuff because the price is getting too close to Gen 3 and people are just opting for Gen 3.

Just my 2 cents and it won't buy you much!

Comment

Photon ordered - thanks Jason!

Comment

Working...
                                X