Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
    I was extremely impressed. I ran into a couple very big NV dealers while I was checking out the Apex and they were just about to wet themselves over it. I talked to the Pulsar rep who had actually taken it out and used it on a hunt to get the demo video for the show. He said they don't have official specs yet but there is talk of a 1,000 yard detection range.

It looks very very good. I also met with the owner of UNV and he's already designing a cable connector for the MDVR to connect to the Apex.

I'll say this...from the quality I saw, the price and the huge buzz surrounding this thing....it could be the Photon of the thermal world....meaning it could be hard to get in stock and could be the best deal for the money by far. Did I mention the thing is super lightweight too?

I could be wrong on this one but from what I saw, I don't think so. Pre-orders are expected to at least quadruple in the next week or so as everyone gets home from SHOT. I plan on getting in ahead of the rush of possible.

- Jason

Wow that's good news. Do you have your pricing yet? PM me if you do please sir.
    Also does it have a QD mount built in?

Comment

So, anyone know where I could build an 20ir unit for cheap?

Comment

I guess I'm about to find out how good the warranty is for my photon XT.
        Went to the range today, pulled out my blackout, flipped the photon on and the screen is just flickering white. Needless to say I'm not happy since I have an important hunt tonight.
        Haven't got to talk to Sightmark yet since they closed at 5:00 but I'm hoping it'll be covered and I'll have a working photon soon.

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
          Went to the range today, pulled out my blackout, flipped the photon on and the screen is just flickering white. Needless to say I'm not happy since I have an important hunt tonight.
          Haven't got to talk to Sightmark yet since they closed at 5:00 but I'm hoping it'll be covered and I'll have a working photon soon.
          Have you checked you batteries?

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
            Have you checked you batteries?

First thing I did. I thought it was gonna be that since I knew they were getting low. But nope. Didn't fix it.

Comment

PM me for a direct line to the warranty/tech guys if you want. I have it in my office. I'm sure they will warranty it with no problems, they are extremely easy to work with.; probably easier than any other company I've ever dealt with. But know this....they might not (actually most likely don't) have another Photon to replace it with immediately. Warranty replacements are usually taken right off the top of their monthly shipment of Photons. So as soon as they get more in; they will replace it. I'd guess they are 10-14 days from getting their next shipment in stateside so your timing is going to be good. You want to get it to them asap. Just my 2 cents as a dealer on the way they normally operate.

If you have any problems at all PM me. I'll be glad to help out if need be.

- Jason

Comment

Did you have the lense cap on? The first time I went to the range I had the same issue. I changed the batteries and it was still doing it. Then I realized that I didnt have the scope cap on. Once I put it back on, it went away. It was letting in to much light in the day light. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by TravisMears.com View Post
                  Did you have the lense cap on? The first time I went to the range I had the same issue. I changed the batteries and it was still doing it. Then I realized that I didnt have the scope cap on. Once I put it back on, it went away. It was letting in to much light in the day light. Hope this helps.

Yes sir. I have a butler creek on it with a small hole but I tried it again at night and had the same issues. I'm pretty positive the screen just went out because I was shooting the other day and it was kinda glitching out and I was shooting all over the place. Now the screen doesn't show anything at all. I'm going to get my video out cable and hook it to a screen to verify that it's just the screen.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422541426.744109.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	24361761
                    Here what my screen looks like.

Comment

I'm going to get my video out cable and hook it to a screen to verify that it's just the screen.

That's a very good idea. If you have the MDVR you could even hunt with its screen instead of the scope until a replacement shows up.

Comment

Yes sir. I have a butler creek on it with a small hole but I tried it again at night and had the same issues. I'm pretty positive the screen just went out because I was shooting the other day and it was kinda glitching out and I was shooting all over the place. Now the screen doesn't show anything at all. I'm going to get my video out cable and hook it to a screen to verify that it's just the screen.
                        Dang, well I bet you have no problem getting them to fix it. If Jason has anything to do with it, it will be extremely easy. Im leaving for Florida this afternoon or I would try to meet up with you and let you use my rig.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                          That's a very good idea. If you have the MDVR you could even hunt with its screen instead of the scope until a replacement shows up.

I was considering that. I don't have the MDVR but I've been wanting it. I may go to best buy or something and find a small screen of some sort for cheap

Comment

I was considering that. I don't have the MDVR but I've been wanting it. I may go to best buy or something and find a small screen of some sort for cheap
                            A portable dvd player would work as long as it has the RCA inputs.

Comment

hey guys just thought I would rely some information I contacted G2 associates about pricing and information on the iris wifi module that can be used with photons & pulsars

heres some info about the device and its features from youtube--IRIS WiFi module is small and lightweight runs on 3 AA batteries and mounts to any standard rail mounting system. The IRIS WiFi module accepts any analog NTSC or PAL video stream and transmits to smart phones and tablets running iOS and Android through the G2 IRIS App. The IRIS app allows for recording on the viewing device of full frame video and snap shots. In addition, the IRIS allows for communication
                              theres also a few videos on youtube as well

heres the email I got inreturn :The Iris wifi is in a prototype housing with picatinny rail adapter. In its current form the units are $250 each. Should demand for the modules increase so that a production run is feasible then we expect prices to be $99.very cool add on to the photon scope!

Comment

Based on your posts here, I'd say you hunt in some pretty target-rich environments. I bet you could pay off the MDVR quickly by offering to make your clients a little video of their hunt. Jason has a guy who does sweet video intros with your own logo. (Don't forget to send me a 10% royalty check for the idea).

Comment

Working...
                                X