Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great review and agree with everything!

Comment

Had a good night tonight. Killed 8 total!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421580448.026834.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	336.6 KB
ID:	24359003

Comment

Awesome kills!

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
          Had a good night tonight. Killed 8 total!
          [ATTACH]687225[/ATTACH]
          Yall got it going on!

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
            Mounted
            I may have missed it but what are you running scope wise?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas89 View Post
              I may have missed it but what are you running scope wise?

The new Photon 4.6x digital scope.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                The new Photon 4.6x digital scope.
                Thanks. Been trying to read the entire thread got a lot to learn.

Comment

update:finally got my 413$ xt 4.6 blackfriday deal in from optics planet for the ones who said it would not come in..now just waiting on my new upper and its game time pics soon to come..thing is super light weight very impressed so far

Comment

Travis: Glad you are liking that scope and IR light combo and hope you slay the hogs!!

Comment

got a question for those who use the unv20 or the t20 uf ir.. kind of a stupid question i thought a ir source is supposed to be invisible the t20 i got seems more like a focusable led flash light compared to the invisble ir thats built onto the scope

Comment

It really depends on the wavelength of the IR used. If it's an 850nm led all you should see is a slight glow if you glance at the light. There should be no visible beam cast.

Be sure NOT to stare at the led as it will cause damage to our eyes even though we can't see it!

Comment

Originally posted by txsd1211 View Post
                          got a question for those who use the unv20 or the t20 uf ir.. kind of a stupid question i thought a ir source is supposed to be invisible the t20 i got seems more like a focusable led flash light compared to the invisble ir thats built onto the scope
                          If you went the cheap eBay/Amazon route like I remember you said you were thinking, you might be reaping what you sowed. The legit products will emit a small red glow, but it is not significant enough to be an issue. Cheap lights use different wavelengths, some of which are very visible.

Even the Photon has a red glow, but again, it's very faint and a non-issue in the field.

Comment

anyone ever had a hog spook from the IR?

I was in the blind a few weeks ago and had a bunch of pigs come out relatively close, 50 yards or so. I quietly got my gun out and clicked on the photon, pigs stayed put. however, when i turned on the on-board IR light, they spooked. I clicked it off and they calmed down. At this point i was curious, so I clicked on my UNV20IR. They bolted out of there quick.

Tried to get a shot on one,but missed. Re-sighted the next day, gun was 6 inches high and 6 inches right.

Do I have mutant pigs?

Comment

okay after a few hrs of research i found out what and how everyone is selling these "uf-t20 lights/t20/unv" ... the light i have is the correct light which can be modded by ordering a( Infrared oslon black 850nm T20ir insert pill insert) http://www.ludicrous-lumens.co.uk/In..._11944733.aspx which is basically a replacement bulb and driver all in one screws right in built for the t20 ..and this is exactly what all the nightvision companies online are selling to some of you for 180-200$.. which in all really is a 40-50$ in parts at best.. just saying . i payed like 20$ shipped for my Uf-t20 . and just payed 25$ shipped for the Ir bulb listed above which is a (invisible red glow one) in 850nm wave length . not trying to screw or badmouth any companys here.. just trying to help some of you out trying to save a few bucks.! there are also other opinions as well for those that hunt with red/green/white bulbs..

heres a video of dis/assembly http://youtu.be/XS_x7feDhMs easy easy mod.
                              Last edited by txsd1211; 01-19-2015, 12:16 PM.

Comment

I'm happy with my UNV IR 20 that I got from our very own TBH brother, Jason at Outdoor Legacy.
                                Chuy, I've never had a pig spook from IR and I had about 30 pigs 40 yards away and we had 5 guys with IR lights of all brands and types. Even IR lasers. Maybe your pigs have NVGs? Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X