Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txsd1211 View Post
    I would order from outdoor but since says there's a wait and since i am New it won't let me contact anyone for 15 post..might snag one off the enet some where
    To follow up Cajun Blake: or go to the Hunting reports section and compliment hunters on 15 threads.

Complimenting a few success reports on this thread will get you closer too . Like this:

Congrats Keatonskidmore! Looks like yall are doing "some" damage to them. They aint' get-n up and walk-n off .

Comment

Good nights work.

Comment

My proton shipped Friday and will be here tomorrow. I need some 30mm rings. It's going on a S&W ar and it's staying on it, I don't need quick detatch mount. What mounts would work best? 1piece or 2 ? And what brand?

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
          Spectacular, keatonskidmore! Great pics!
          Originally posted by Chuy View Post
          Well done keaton! KAP!
          Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post

Complimenting a few success reports on this thread will get you closer too . Like this:

Congrats Keatonskidmore! Looks like yall are doing "some" damage to them. They aint' get-n up and walk-n off .
          Thanks guys! I've been lucky to have the opportunity to be able to get on a place like this and kill pigs every time out.
          Saturday night I got closer than I have ever been to a live hog to a group of 40 or so. The clouds had just come over the stars and the moon had not risen yet so even with Gen3 I needed a infrared illuminator and while walking down a fence line I was surprised by a heard moving into the field right next to me. The field has that goat wire type fence where its similar to hog panels and the hogs only have a few holes here and there to get into the field. Well when they were looking for the whole they kept getting closer and closer. By the time they found the whole they crossed into the field less than 10 yards from us! Needless to say it got very exciting once I flipped on the light! Had a confused little one run 5 feet next to me trying to get out of the gunfire!

I think I'm in serious need of the MDVR..

Comment

Is anyone using the mount on the photon to mount their aftermarket IR? I have 4 different mounts and all don't work for some reason or another. The vltor mount I have was the only one that would fit on the mount, but the thumbscrew is too large, hits against the scope body, and will not let you tighten it down. Looking to see who has a mount that works!

Need something like this:

Comment

Originally posted by Samson View Post
              Is anyone using the mount on the photon to mount their aftermarket IR? I have 4 different mounts and all don't work for some reason or another. The vltor mount I have was the only one that would fit on the mount, but the thumbscrew is too large, hits against the scope body, and will not let you tighten it down. Looking to see who has a mount that works!
              This is what I would use. Attached it to the handguard in front of the Photon:

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                This is what I would use. Attached it to the handguard in front of the Photon:

The photon is on a mini 14, so no hand guard to mount to. I think I found the problem. it's a weaver mount on the photon and my flashlight mounts are all picatinny . All weavers fit picatinny but not all picatinnys fit weavers. I've got some old 1" weaver scope rings I'll try tonight and see if they fit.
                Last edited by Samson; 11-17-2014, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Need something like this:

It's because light mounts are picatiny and the scope rail is a weaver style I believe.

Comment

The photon is on a mini 14, so no hand guard to mount to. I think I found the problem. it's a weaver mount on the photon and my flashlight mounts are all picatinny . All weavers fit picatinny but not all picatinnys fit weavers. I've got some old 1" weaver scope rings I'll try tonight and see if they fit.

Sorry, I didn't realize you were posting a pic from the Internet. Makes sense now.

Comment

whats the difference in the sight mark photon xt ?and the yukon photon xt?. they look the same but the yukon seems to have a attached flip lid .http://www.yukonoptics.co.nz/yukon_photon.html

Comment

Looks the same to me.

Comment

Im wanting to know if the rail on the photon is a good place for the UNV 20ir illuminator.
                          It has probably been mentioned but i have missed out on it.

Comment

The yukon is what is sold in the UK, the Sightmark is sold here in the US, same scope, different name. And yes the rail on the photon can be used to mount an aftermarket IR. Just be sure you buy a weaver flashlight/scope ring instead of a picatinny. The picatinny mounts will not fit.

Comment

Thanks Samson!

The yukon is what is sold in the UK, the Sightmark is sold here in the US, same scope, different name. And yes the rail on the photon can be used to mount an aftermarket IR. Just be sure you buy a weaver flashlight/scope ring instead of a picatinny. The picatinny mounts will not fit.

Comment

anyone dropping pigs with the new photon

Comment

Working...
                                X