Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuy View Post
    Dude that's a lot of pork!

It's unbelievable how hard these pigs hit these milo fields. We have gone 5 straight nights and every time see lone boars and at least one large group. In the last month we've killed over 50. We lost count at 51 a week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by TravisMears.com View Post
      Also a great idea 35rem.

I noticed that you dont have the eye piece on the front of your scope. Can you see better without it? I guess its purpose is to block out any light in your peripheral view.

Im sighting mine in tomorrow.
      I took mine off too Travis. I didn't like it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414540331.047132.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	24341460

Finally got my new camera and lens in for my newest version. The camera is a little better but I went with a 6-60mm lens ( previous version was 5-100mm ) to shorten it up while ( hopefully ) still providing enough magnification. Got most of the machining done on the housing last night. Its pretty plain and straighforward, no frills. Hopefully get it put together this week.......

Comment

Miket, you'll be able to explain this: how is the photon able to see out of that tiny little pinhole in the front lens cover?

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
            Miket, you'll be able to explain this: how is the photon able to see out of that tiny little pinhole in the front lens cover?
            Well, wait a second here. Dont confuse me with an expert. I am no expert and Im just working my way through all this like any other tinkerer. I dont know how it is able to do that other than like so many things that use a lense the light is probably focused into a very small point at the front of the lens. I have not even seen a Photon up close in real life, only pictures.

Comment

Loving all the pork pics! My 5 year old daughter was mesmerized by all those dead hogs. She thought one of the brown ones was so big that it "had to be a bear!"

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
              Here you go. I didn't have time to do any editing, so this is just shot straight through with a couple text annotations. Hope it's helpful to folks who haven't put their hands on one.

I did get a chance to catch cat through the scope at 180 yards. It's toward the end.

Photon XT
              Hey thanks so much for the shout out in the video, I really appreciate it. Great unboxing and demo, very good job!

I got my Photon from Jason at Outdoor Legacy last week, and I cant brag enough about how he runs his business. Unfortunately I was out of town until this morning and havent been able to play with the scope, but needless to say I have been fairly worthless at the office today checking this thing out.

I keep reading about folks losing their scope cap, which has had me worried. Luckily I enjoy fixing most everything with bailing wire and duck tape, so I was ready to take on the challenge of figuring out a way to not lose this cap. When I laid everything out on my desk to send a pic to my buddies I noticed the wrist string that came with the UNV 201R. Since my UNV will be attached to my tac rail I figured I wouldnt need the wrist strap.

I have taken a paper clip and pushed to small holes on the scope cap and run the string though the cap by pushing through with the paper clip. This cap is rubber so it punches through easiely and does not leave any room for excess light to shine through around the string. I took the other end and removed the battery cap and used the loop to attached the scope cap to the scope. This can be easily removed and put back on the scope without losing it.

I hope this helps someone not lose their cap before we get the new ones from Sightmark.
              Travis, thanks to you for the kind words. That is an awesome idea about the wrist strap and the lens cap. I lost mine the other night somewhere IN my truck while pulling the Photon out of the case and I've yet to find it yet. I know it's back there in my floorboard somewhere but black carpet in my truck hides the black lens cap. Very frustrating to say the least. Thanks again for the good idea.

Comment

Anybody know where any Photon XTs might be in stock?

Comment

Originally posted by fluffer View Post

Nowhere. Ever. Seriously.

Get in line while you still can.

Comment

Wow, just read the entire thread. Crazy! Will try and get in line...

Comment

Originally posted by fluffer View Post
                      I sent you a PM of someone who has/had them in stock.

ETA He was sold out sorry, Said he should have more in the next week or so.
                      Last edited by Ecoboost; 10-29-2014, 12:50 PM.

Comment

For those who are asking who has them in Stock. I got mine off eBay last week. It was deielvsred in 2 days. Might check therem

Comment

I suggest buying from our site sponsor Jason with Outdoor Legacy. Great guy to do business with.

Comment

I suggest buying from our site sponsor Jason with Outdoor Legacy. Great guy to do business with.
                            X2

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
                              It's unbelievable how hard these pigs hit these milo fields. We have gone 5 straight nights and every time see lone boars and at least one large group. In the last month we've killed over 50. We lost count at 51 a week ago.
                              DANG that IS a lot of pork. Have gun. will Travel!

Yeah guys, hit up Jason for the photons, great dude to do business with.

Anyone putting their toys to work this weekend?? I cant for vacation so I can sit in the "el PIGasso" blind and pop pigs.
                              Last edited by Chuy; 10-31-2014, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuy View Post
                                DANG that IS a lot of pork. Have gun. will Travel!

Yeah guys, hit up Jason for the photons, great dude to do business with.

Anyone putting their toys to work this weekend?? I cant for vacation so I can sit in the "el PIGasso" blind and pop pigs.

Haha it's land we guide on so we hardly ever just go for fun. Except last night we were bored so we went to kill one pig. Starting to think 50 grain ballistic tip out of a 223 isn't enough for those 250+ boars unless you ear hole them. Hit one last night in the neck and he dropped. Got up and ran and I hit him again and he ran out of the field after falling over twice. Tough pig.

Comment

Working...
                                X