No announcement yet.

Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats why am holding back hope to get reviews on new models from real life users it will be bow and rifle season for deer then night time hog hunting

Comment

Ok time for an update.

First off, sorry I haven't posted an update after I said I had a new Photon XT coming in. My dad and partner in this business passed away on Saturday morning after a 2.5 year struggle with cancer. That being said, Photons and NV have been on the back burner for a few days.

However, while at my parents house over the weekend a bunch of hogs were moving through their pasture I was able to use the new XT to blast them and I used the video recorder to record the video. I'll see if I can get the video posted later on.

Oh and to my surprise, when my XT demo showed up, there were 2! So Husker was #1 in the pre-order line and his should be delivered to him today!

My first experiences with the 4.6x XT have been great! It feels lighter and more streamlined without the windage and elevation adjustments on the tube. The internal digital reticle is awesome. There are 5 different reticles and each one can be red or green. It has 3 brightness adjustments on the IR, so it's not just all or nothing. Compared to the original Photon I think the daylight capabilities are 100% improved. I had no problem shooting the hogs at 11 am on a bluebird sunny day.

I'm going to try and put a video review together if possible and as soon as I do, I'll post it up here. If anyone has any questions, feel free to let me know. Sightmark is saying another 4 weeks before the next shipment rolls in. I'm hoping it's sooner, but we'll have to wait and see. I'm just glad they are actually slowly getting them in and the Photon XT turned out to be as good was I hoped.

Oh and I forgot my camera at home, but I'll post a LDP later.

- Jason

Comment

Sorry for the loss of your father!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
            Ok time for an update.

Oh and to my surprise, when my XT demo showed up, there were 2! So Husker was #1 in the pre-order line and his should be delivered to him today!

- Jason

SWEET was hoping it would show up before this weekend as next hunt I'll get won't be until probably Dec.

Comment

Originally posted by Husker View Post
              SWEET was hoping it would show up before this weekend as next hunt I'll get won't be until probably Dec.
              HAHA! That's funny.

Tracking says it was delivered to your office already today!

Comment

i current am running a atn 410. have 2 kills using it and well, looks like its time to upgrade because running around at night is about the most fun I've ever had!

Comment

very sorry for the loss of your father Jason, good he got to see your baby born , prayers up for u and yours

Comment

Looks like it might be time for ole cheapo mike to graduate from my homemade version to the storebought one. My kids have gotten into shooting em at night but I dont like sharing and dont have much time to build another......maybe for Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                      Looks like it might be time for ole cheapo mike to graduate from my homemade version to the storebought one. My kids have gotten into shooting em at night but I dont like sharing and dont have much time to build another......maybe for Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                        Or maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                          Or maybe not.

Lol. These photons are pretty cool for the cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                            Here is another photo of the new Photon XT. If anyone is interested in the pre-order specials, shoot me a PM. I've got it listed on my website now but PM me for the TBH discount.
                            I'm so new here I can't even send a PM!
                            But I found this awesome site via a Google search for the Sightmark Photon's.
                            If you can, please send me more information about the pre-order special, Jason.

Thanks!
                            -Jon

Comment

Night Vision hunting Thread

Originally posted by PharmerJon View Post
                              I'm so new here I can't even send a PM!

But I found this awesome site via a Google search for the Sightmark Photon's.

If you can, please send me more information about the pre-order special, Jason.

Thanks!

-Jon

Welcome! I'll be glad to send you a pm. Glad to have you at TBH! It might be tomorrow if that's ok. Already shut down my laptop with all the info for the night. Feeding the baby boy now before I hit the bed.

- Jason
                              Last edited by Outdoor Legacy; 09-19-2014, 11:17 PM.

Comment

What's the length available for mounting the Photon 4.6?
                                Do any commercial 1-piece AR type mounts (30mm) fit in this length or do you have to use 2 separate rings?
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X