No announcement yet.

Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok those of you that have used just the scope by itself then later used the doubler and external IR.... What's the word? Must have? Or like to have?

Comment

Pictures will be uploaded around 2am, no cell service at ranch but I will be driving back around that time to come back tomorrow for pics or look at the hog kill thread I'll load them on there

Comment

Originally posted by Paslaw0311 View Post
        Ive hit hogs at around 200 yards with the Crimson Trace. But up until now all my hunting with them has been without any magnification. Just picked up a milspec 3x magnifier for the pvs. THe dot is visible 400 yards plus, but I havent been able to see that far for shooting purposes at 1X Mag.

I can post some pics up of what the laser looks like with and without the magnification.
        I apprecite the info. I had been looing at the dbal units but just seemed more than I needed. I also didn't want that much on the rail to lug around when not in use where as the CT looks small enough it can just will stay 100% of the time. Let me know how the magnifier works past 200yds but for now that is pleanty long enough for my use.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
          Ok those of you that have used just the scope by itself then later used the doubler and external IR.... What's the word? Must have? Or like to have?
          Absolutely a must have. The onboard one is....eh, but with the UNV its a big difference. Like turning on the lights

Comment

Originally posted by Chuy View Post
            Absolutely a must have. The onboard one is....eh, but with the UNV its a big difference. Like turning on the lights
            Yup x2

Comment

Sorry, I got lost. What's UNV?

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                Sorry, I got lost. What's UNV?
                UNV is Ultimate Night Vision. Among other things, they sell a T20 flashlight with a Osram Oslon 4715s IR LED in it that sells for about $200. It is a very good setup that many people ( including myself ) have made at home for under $50 using the exact same host, LED and driver. It has recently been brought to my attn that it is available on ebay for about half of the price that UNV sells them for. Previously you had to make them yourself, have a custom builder sell you one ( about $90 ) or order from the UK ( I have no interest in this other than saving brothers and sisters money )

Comment

What's the availability on the sight mark photon scope. Very interested in one. What's the recommendation for the attachments with the scope

Comment

Jason!!!! PM me back lets do this...

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                      jmoore2006 PM this guy^^^^^ Jason is easy to deal with. Not a bad thing to say about him... except the money he just made me spend... but that may be Chuy's fault for starting this dang thread!

Originally posted by jmoore2006 View Post
                      What's the availability on the sight mark photon scope. Very interested in one. What's the recommendation for the attachments with the scope
                      Jason won't try to sell you anything else with it... He's just being modest. Buy an external IR and the Doubler kit is what everybody in this thread that owns one said.... so I did

Originally posted by miket View Post
                      UNV is Ultimate Night Vision. Among other things, they sell a T20 flashlight with a Osram Oslon 4715s IR LED in it that sells for about $200. It is a very good setup that many people ( including myself ) have made at home for under $50 using the exact same host, LED and driver. It has recently been brought to my attn that it is available on ebay for about half of the price that UNV sells them for. Previously you had to make them yourself, have a custom builder sell you one ( about $90 ) or order from the UK ( I have no interest in this other than saving brothers and sisters money )
                      Mike I am very thankful for your help. If anybody wants to talk IR specs Mike will make your head spin Another TBH'er willing to go way out of his way to help folks.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407889682.685077.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	24322073

Finally got the new, smaller screen for my homemade NV. The original one was too big and just didnt look right. Now that I have found this one I plan on making a new version with the camera, lense and screen all in one housing.

Comment

Details Mike!

Comment

Lglidewell mount that Pvs 14 to a rifle with an Infared laser or any laser sight and it's amazingly accurate. My favorite military rifle was and m16A4 with an Pvs 14 and an ir laser called a peq2.

Comment

For those who bought the 1.7x doubler for the Photon 3.5, do you have any idea why it cost so much?

And whats the cheapest place you found one? Why would just a doubler cost more than a new 3x9x40 Buckmaster scope?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                                For those who bought the 1.7x doubler for the Photon 3.5, do you have any idea why it cost so much?

And whats the cheapest place you found one? Why would just a doubler cost more than a new 3x9x40 Buckmaster scope?
                                Not a clue... mine should arrive today. I'm like a kid at xmas.

However when I did my Google flu I couldn't find any better prices on any of this stuff than what Jason quoted me. I did find a different external IR on ebay with the technological wisdom help of miket. It was cheaper and I'm poor sooooo.... I will be trying it out soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X