Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
    Has anyone have issues with the WiFi on the pulsars and iPhone? Got a 6+ and it’s saying no internet connection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ignore that warning. It’s normal. Your phone thinks WiFi is for connecting to the internet. Steve Jobs never heard of thermal weapon scopes!

Comment

I mounted my new photon RT to my 300 blackout pistol today and tried to site it in using the one shot feature. Started at 25 yards and I'm still about 6-7" low, even though the Y axis is maxed out. Maybe I need to make a physical adjustment to the scope? Anyone have this problem?

Comment

First Hog Hunt With The Sightmark Photon RT...

I know that the majority of night vision hunters out there are using Digital scopes and I've had alot of questions about the new stuff coming out. Got a chance to strap the brand new Sightmark Photon RT on my AR10 .308 for a couple hunts. This is Sightmark's new model which is replacing the XT units. Took it on a couple hog hunts recently...

https://youtu.be/aYEAfx5UxRE

Comment

Originally posted by ttubudd View Post
          I mounted my new photon RT to my 300 blackout pistol today and tried to site it in using the one shot feature. Started at 25 yards and I'm still about 6-7" low, even though the Y axis is maxed out. Maybe I need to make a physical adjustment to the scope? Anyone have this problem?

Not sure about the photon but on the ATN you have to check the scope height setting. Probably should be 1 to 1.5 inch. Sometimes the default is zero causing it to max out.

Comment

Originally posted by ttubudd View Post

What scope rings are you using? Can you post a pic of the setup? I've got some ideas but I need some more info first. I get a decent amount of calls from customers about this and 99.9% of the time it is a mounting issue.

Jason

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 6.27.52 AM.png
Views:	1
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	24538590
              Neighbor called last night about coyotes in her driveway, getting a little too bold... I was surprised the FLIR-233 picked up the "exit splash" off the coyote and that he traveled as far as he did with the grendel before doing the dead flip!
              [YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/_k_7cN-2pjI/YOUTUBE]

Comment

I recall that the ATN x-sight2 is rated for up to 308. Would there be any issue using a bolt action 308 with muzzle-brake?

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                  What scope rings are you using? Can you post a pic of the setup? I've got some ideas but I need some more info first. I get a decent amount of calls from customers about this and 99.9% of the time it is a mounting issue.

Jason

I mounted with sightmark high height rings. Item # sm34007.

Here's a pic that I had on my phone.

Comment

Thanks that's very helpful. My advice is to do this.....

Completely un-mount the scope from the rings.

Move the front ring to the back and back ring to the font.

When remounting the scope, be sure to slowly tighten down the front and back rings evenly. Meaning, don't tighten down the front ring and then do the back. Do them slowly all at the same time to ensure the scope doesn't get in any direction.

If there is something wrong with the scope you will still be maxed out and low. If anything changes and you are now shooting high, left, right, dead on etc there was a mounting problem.

If you are do all this and you are 6-7" high and maxed out at 25 yards you have a defective ring. Switching the rings front to back will show us if a defective ring is causing the problem because the problem (shooting low) will not be reversed and you'd be shooting high.

In all the times I've dealt with this I've never seen a defective ring but I have seen defective one piece mounts. I've seen 3 defective Photons related to this issue over the last 5 years but I've seen countless mounting problems, including it happening to me personally more than 1 time.

If this doesn't help, I'd suggest calling your dealer and seeing if he has any more suggestions. Let me know if you have more questions.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by coachwhip View Post
                      [ATTACH]906379[/ATTACH]
                      Neighbor called last night about coyotes in her driveway, getting a little too bold... I was surprised the FLIR-233 picked up the "exit splash" off the coyote and that he traveled as far as he did with the grendel before doing the dead flip!
                      [YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/_k_7cN-2pjI/YOUTUBE]
                      Linky no-worky. Don't wrap YOUTUBE tags around your link. Hit the "Insert Link" button, then paste the full URL (not the short one) without the "s" after "http."

Comment

Great video! Your link was messed up so I adjusted it in my reply.

Originally posted by coachwhip
                        IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                        I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

Exit splash? Are you talking about the red color between the gun and the yote?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                            Exit splash? Are you talking about the red color between the gun and the yote?
                            I think he's talking about what you see on the far side from about :26 - :29 second marks
                            Last edited by Pushbutton2; 04-30-2018, 11:36 AM.

Comment

My two favorite rifles

My two favorite rifles for night hunting: 300 Blackout with a thermal scope and my 338 Lapua.

Name:	IMG_3825.JPG
Size:	173.8 KB
ID:	24538627

Name:	IMG_7666.jpg
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	24538628

Comment

My new field review is up of the FLIR Breach PTQ136 handheld and helmet mountable thermal monocular. $2,495

I've got them in stock and there is a limited time TBH deal, PM for details!
                                Description The InfiRay Outdoor Mini ML19 is the smallest fully multi-functional 17 micron thermal imaging monocular on the market. It can be used as a handheld monocular or helmet mounted monocular. The IRay Mini features bluetooth, picture-in-picture, and compatibility with rechargeable batteries as well as an extern

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6dDdtqjS5s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6dDdtqjS5s[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X