Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
    What style trap?
    I'm thinking of building a 30’ circle 6 today.
    Just don't want to spend the money cause it comes out of my Thermal Scope fund...

It’s a circle trap with one section shaped like a heart. Pigs can go in but for the most part can’t get out. Made with 54” panels and t-posts. Caught 6 a few weeks ago and killed a 7th that was hanging around. Last night we had 11.

Comment

Hog Kills With 80 Year Old Rife (Mosin Nagant).. No Scope!

James from the GunsNChickenStrips YouTube Channel came out to East Texas to help slay some hogs last weekend and man let me tell ya... it was EPIC!! Check out James drop two hogs with a 1937 Mosin Nagant!! 6 hogs total were sent on to the next life using the Pulsar Trail XP50 and the Flir PTS 736, both James and I were using .308 Caliber AR's.

https://youtu.be/G4Eyzm9JPF4

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4599.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	24536084

I little hog action with the PVS 14

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Finally got a XQ50 on the way and should be here this week. Stoked is an understatement!

Comment

Originally posted by lglidewell View Post
            Finally got a XQ50 on the way and should be here this week. Stoked is an understatement!
            That scope is badazz. Trail or Apex?

Comment

Had my first experience with a gen 3 night scope last night The buddy I went with last night had the Reap IR, quality stuff.

Comment

Well Jason is probably dancing a jig right now, he got a annoying 400lb gorilla off his back today... ME!!!

In the course of this little adventure Outdoor Legacy Gear has been the most patient, helpful and dare I say resilient business owner I have ever meet. In the slew of PM’s we’ve exchanged over getting me a Trail XQ38 the last one got me to thinking...

So after making a phone call I’m on my way to being the proud owner of a Trail XQ50

Jason, thanks for all the patience and understanding. I see your company being one of the NV scope industry bud. If y’all are on the fence about a thermal scope talk to Jason, supporting a local guy and a green screener adds a 100yds to your effective hog killing range I promise ya !!

And I couldn’t help myself....

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                  That scope is badazz. Trail or Apex?
                  Apex. Wasn't going to swing the extra G for the Trail. I'll pick up a DVR recorder later I imagine.

Comment

Only reason I went Trail was the image adjuster on top and a rechargeable battery. I’m not a fan of CR123 batteries.

Comment

Anyone looking for a full pvs-14 setup? Toying with the idea of letting my complete hunting kit go, since the new lease doesn't allow night hunting and I haven't gotten to use it in over a year. May post it in the classifieds, even though spec sheets and whatnot will be jibberish to most readers.

Comment

does pulsar have a comparison chart on their different models:

What is different between the apex and trail?
                        What is the difference between XQ and XP?

Comment

Originally posted by Paslaw0311 View Post
                          Anyone looking for a full pvs-14 setup? Toying with the idea of letting my complete hunting kit go, since the new lease doesn't allow night hunting and I haven't gotten to use it in over a year. May post it in the classifieds, even though spec sheets and whatnot will be jibberish to most readers.
                          Yes I am always looking.

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                          does pulsar have a comparison chart on their different models:

What is different between the apex and trail?
                          What is the difference between XQ and XP?
                          All the XQ models use a thermal microbolometer that has a pixel resolution of 384x288 pixels (so 111K pixels).
                          All the XP models use a thermal microbolometer that has a pixel resolution of 640x480 pixels (so 307K pixels).

More pixels means better resolution. You can totally get it done with 111K pixels—I did for a very long time. But if you can reach into the couch for few more shiny pennies, I promise the XP line is worth the money.

Jason is better at answering the Trail vs Apex question, so I'm gonna leave that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Paslaw0311 View Post
                            I'm interested

Comment

I’ll pm you guys here in a bit when I can get everything rounded up for an accurate list and pictures.

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                              I'm interested

Comment

Does anyone have a recommended set up for a solar charged, motion activated, IR light to put at a feeder?

Comment

Working...
                                X