• Show
Clear All

It’s a pulsar 550

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I’m jelly

Comment

Can’t believe I’m just now finding this thread. Shooting pigs through a thermal is the most fun a man can have with his clothes on!

Comment

Just made a deal on an ATN X-Sight II HD 3-14X

Can’t wait!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post

Can’t wait!
            Good deal. Post some video soon.

Comment

Can’t wait!
              It has its quirks and the manual isnt all that helpfull. Its a good scope once you learn to navigate the menus and how to set it all up though. The built in ballistics calc is pretty darn accurate especially if you buy the ATN rangefinder and use it along with it. That is, if your load data is accurate!!!

Best advice I can give is to find some groups on the net for it so when you have questions you can get them answered. If you use facebook, I can direct you to a few.

One other thing, even the best, off the shelf, lithium batteries only give you an hour or two runtime! You really only have 2 options. Get a 20,000 mah external battery pack and use it, or order you some kentli rechargable aa's. I started with the pack and never ran it down (supposedly 20+ hr battery life), but the pack is cumbersome and the dang wire was a major pain. Not to mention it was expensive!!! I finally broke down and ordered 4 kentli batteries with a charger for half the cost of the pack. They are supposedly good for 8-10 hrs. Again, ive never ran them down. They are the only way to go in my opinion! The only negative ive found is that the battery meter shows full charge until they just shut down.

ATN is supposed to be releasing a 4k version in April so if anyone else is looking for a x-sight II, now is the time to buy. Lots of vendors clearancing them to male room for the 4k.

Last thing, the stock IR illuminator works pretty good, but be sure to remove the batteries when not in use!!!!! Most will drain them if you dont, even when turned off. Im in the process of shopping for a better one due to the issues with the stock IR.

In the firsf pic, you can see the external pack and wire.

The second pic is without it.

Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians!

Comment

I also forgot to mention that if you plan on mounting it to anything but an AR, look into mounts that extend it back past your stock rail!! Some people might even need to extend it back on an AR. You really need your eye touching the eye cup and this is very uncomfortable with most rifles as you can probably tell from the pics above.

Comment

Here is one of my set ups. Reap-IR. SBR with suppressor.

Comment

Originally posted by joevillars View Post
                    I’m ready to play at night now. I’m so excited

Looks like we got the same set up. Mine is a 750 tho. If you don’t have an aftermarket IR light I strongly suggest you get one. Also if you have the opportunity to get a 750 at a good price you should grab it. My buddy has a 550 and the 750 has a much better picture.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                      Looks like we got the same set up. Mine is a 750 tho. If you don’t have an aftermarket IR light I strongly suggest you get one. Also if you have the opportunity to get a 750 at a good price you should grab it. My buddy has a 550 and the 750 has a much better picture.

Which ir are you running. How far out can you see with the 750

Comment

Originally posted by fishingsetx View Post
                        It has its quirks and the manual isnt all that helpfull. Its a good scope once you learn to navigate the menus and how to set it all up though. The built in ballistics calc is pretty darn accurate especially if you buy the ATN rangefinder and use it along with it. That is, if your load data is accurate!!!

Best advice I can give is to find some groups on the net for it so when you have questions you can get them answered. If you use facebook, I can direct you to a few.

One other thing, even the best, off the shelf, lithium batteries only give you an hour or two runtime! You really only have 2 options. Get a 20,000 mah external battery pack and use it, or order you some kentli rechargable aa's. I started with the pack and never ran it down (supposedly 20+ hr battery life), but the pack is cumbersome and the dang wire was a major pain. Not to mention it was expensive!!! I finally broke down and ordered 4 kentli batteries with a charger for half the cost of the pack. They are supposedly good for 8-10 hrs. Again, ive never ran them down. They are the only way to go in my opinion! The only negative ive found is that the battery meter shows full charge until they just shut down.

ATN is supposed to be releasing a 4k version in April so if anyone else is looking for a x-sight II, now is the time to buy. Lots of vendors clearancing them to male room for the 4k.

Last thing, the stock IR illuminator works pretty good, but be sure to remove the batteries when not in use!!!!! Most will drain them if you dont, even when turned off. Im in the process of shopping for a better one due to the issues with the stock IR.

In the firsf pic, you can see the external pack and wire.

The second pic is without it.

Thanks for the info and please share groups, FB or otherwise that might help.

I already read about the battery issue and ordered a set of Kentli batteries with charger at same time I ordered the scope.

Comment

Originally posted by joevillars View Post
                          Which ir are you running. How far out can you see with the 750

Ultimate night vision 20 IR. I got it from outdoor legacy on this site. We don't get to see very far where I hunt but I have seen a couple hundred yards easy. The picture quality is what I like the best about it.

Comment

Thanks for the info and please share groups, FB or otherwise that might help.

I already read about the battery issue and ordered a set of Kentli batteries with charger at same time I ordered the scope.
                            The two I subscribe to are:

We are not associated with ATN we are friends and family helping each other out. This is for anyone who has questions, complaints, solutions and for sharing your thoughts and experiences with the...

if you came here to sell a scope, or scam somebody thinking you had one for sale .. keep moving. you'll be moments away from being banned and deleted. This is the place to find the best price,...

Both are pretty active and lots of help. Again, it is a great scope but can be frustrating till you get used to the menus, settings and quirks like having to turn on the R.A.V. and then hitting the video record button to activate it!! I thought mine wasnt working at first till I asked on one of the pages!

Comment

I shot a grey fox and a racoon with my setup last night. I am glad my friends introduced me to hunting varmints with night vision because it is a complete blast.

Comment

2 Hog Stalks Through The ETX Woods...

If the hogs ain't gonna come to the corn... well.. dang it.. we gotta go after them!!! Chased after a couple decent size boar in the thick East Texas woods last week. They are making us work for this bacon!! First one weighed in at 194 lbs and the second pulled the needle down to 138 lb... It was a fun hunt but the hogs need to start coming back to the corn like they were trained to!!!

https://youtu.be/MRk5wXnqsbs

Comment

Working...
                                X