Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
    You think so? Have you gotten to use one of the photonis 4g? I don’t think the 4g stands for gen 4. We all know there’s no such thing as gen 4 lol. I just really like how the photonis is much less susceptible to burning the tube when exposed to bright light. Also decreased bloom.
    If constant exposure to bright light is why you want NV, ok sure take a look at the Photonis. I wanted to be able to see as much as possible in the darkest possible environment, so I picked TNV L3 filmless WP.

Originally posted by SC-Texas View Post
    Great shooting. How do you like the white phosphorus?
    To steal a line from the Beastie Boys, it's another dimension.

Comment

Last nights action with ATN X-sight and new Flir PTS-233 making life hard for hogs!

https://youtu.be/ssL6pjPm9dY
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6940.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	217.6 KB
ID:	24517965

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6943.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	194.0 KB
ID:	24517966

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
        If constant exposure to bright light is why you want NV, ok sure take a look at the Photonis. I wanted to be able to see as much as possible in the darkest possible environment, so I picked TNV L3 filmless WP.

To steal a line from the Beastie Boys, it's another dimension.

Definitely do not want constant exposure to bright light. Then I wouldn’t really need NV. I was just under the assumption that photonis was equal to WP without the risk of burning a tube.
        Is your film less pretty resistant to damage from white light? Like if you’re using it and vehicles drive by or some guy turns on a flashlight.

Comment

Still getting it done in Nebraska with the el cheapo setup (Flir Scout II 240 and Photon XT 4.6). “Cheap” meaning sub $2K!
          Unfortunately this is year 4 where coons are worth a whopping $1-$5. Before that it wasn’t uncommon to get $10-$25. Because of that nobody is hunting them and they are everywhere! I just do my part to keep the numbers down around dads feedlot. (No Jason I do not eat them!)

This girl made the mistake of thinking she could hide from the thermal and met her fate at the hands of the 6x45 SBR and 55gr Nosler the night before.

Also, this is my first Tapatalk post. Will see if it makes it easier to post pics and keep up with y’all! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PharmerJon View Post
            Still getting it done in Nebraska with the el cheapo setup (Flir Scout II 240 and Photon XT 4.6). “Cheap” meaning sub $2K!
            Unfortunately this is year 4 where coons are worth a whopping $1-$5. Before that it wasn’t uncommon to get $10-$25. Because of that nobody is hunting them and they are everywhere! I just do my part to keep the numbers down around dads feedlot. (No Jason I do not eat them!)

This girl made the mistake of thinking she could hide from the thermal and met her fate at the hands of the 6x45 SBR and 55gr Nosler the night before.

Also, this is my first Tapatalk post. Will see if it makes it easier to post pics and keep up with y’all! [emoji106]

[emoji106][emoji106]

Comment

First Thermal Hog Kill Using My New Scope, Pulsar Trail XQ38

Shot my first hog with my new thermal scope just 2 hours after sighting it in. Just got the Pulsar Trail XQ38 and I'm loving it besides the fact that Pulsar is still trying to work out the audio issue. I'm hoping that they come out with a Firmware update for it soon, but the picture is great and I love the internal video recorder. This lonely boar and I walked out into the field at almost the same time and as soon as he looked up at me I gave him a big Texas Howdy right in the face with my .223 and 62 grain Maker Overwatch Field ammo...

https://youtu.be/O7wx7I3qWmI

Comment

Originally posted by PharmerJon View Post
                Why let all that good meat go to waste? My 8 year old daughter has been relentlessly bugging me because she wants to go put out our coon traps because she's ready for "coon tips" and rice, as we call it. But then again, several nights a week before bed she says "Daddy if you see any coyotes tonight, please shoot one, I want some coyote dumplings." And yes she's serious and yes we do eat coyote.lol

- Jason

Comment

Makin' Bacon Pancakes..

After stalking up on this lonely boar for almost 100 yards and near running into every tree that I passed, I was finally able to get close enough to drop this hog with one headshot. I love makin' them East Texas Bacon Pancakes...

https://youtu.be/cRl7d63pEBY

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                  I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

Cool video Hans. Enjoyed your other videos as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                      Cool video Hans. Enjoyed your other videos as well.
                      Thank ya!

Comment

Pulsar QD Mount: Scan and Shoot...

Here is the new Pulsar QD Mount that fits on the Pulsar Trails, Apexes, Core RXQ30V's, and Digi Sights. I tried it out on the range and it does detach and reattach without losing zero. It's much smaller and lighter weight than the original and easy to reattach to take a shot. This will now allow me to scan with my scope and then quickly reattach to take a shot. I'm really excited about this new toy...

https://youtu.be/nPys0Cjf0FI

Comment

200+ pound. 91 yard offhand unsupported
                          boar

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Back to the top with the NV hunting thread....

Was out for a while last night (with the FLIR and Photon XT) before a cold front moves through and the animals were out in full force. Managed this nice mixed bag. One badger wouldn’t come out of his hole after he died and I wasn’t that determined to get him out for his picture!

Happy hunting and Merry Christmas “other side of the Ranch” fellas!

-Jon

Last edited by PharmerJon; 12-14-2017, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-Texas View Post
                              200+ pound. 91 yard offhand unsupported
                              boar

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
                              I don't see anwhere close to 200

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                                I don't see anwhere close to 200
                                Can we get a couple watches and a cigar in there for size reference?

Comment

Working...
                                X