• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats!!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ttubudd View Post
      I've been wondering about this LTO handheld for scanning. What do you think the range truly is when you're identifying a critter? Is it good to 100 yds?
      Sorry I just saw this. My video is complete and my editor is putting the final touches on it now. It will hopefully be on Youtube next week. I'll let you know when it's up.

I've used the LTO Tracker nearly every day for over a month now. I really like it. It is really pretty darn handy for the price. The issue is going to be identification. I believe at less than 100 yards you will probably be able to identify an animal. It gets more difficult at your approach 100ish yards but it also depends on the size of the animal. Seeing the difference in a deer and a hog is doable at the lesser yardages. The difference in a 200lb calf and a deer, that's going to be much harder.

I think the biggest thing going for the LTO is it's dual purpose. #1, using it for tracking is a big deal. If you've never tracked with thermal, it's a game changer. That's what Leupold designed it to do and it flat works for that. Spotting is really the side benefit, however, I know that night hunters see it the other way around and they think the tracking is the side benefit.lol

Here is my opinion on using it as a spotting optic......it's thermal and it's capable of letting you know if a large animal (hog, coyote, deer, cow) comes by you within 250 yards. For $699, that is a lot of benefit, when you consider most other base models in thermal monoculars are going to start around $2,000. If you are sitting there using your rifle scope to scan all night and wearing yourself out and burning the batteries up in your NV scope, this is a game changer for the price. The LTO Tracker is going to show you that "something" is out there and then you can identify it with your rifle scope. That's going to save you a lot of energy. If you want a thermal to firmly identify an animal at yardages of around 100+ yards and get a really good look at them, you'll need to upgrade to a $2,000+ handheld thermal to do that.

I just scanned the 20 acre pasture below my house with the Tracker. It took about 5 seconds and I can say with full assurance, there is no large animal within 250-300 yards of my back door. Had I used a digital monocular or rifle scope it would have taken a whole lot longer to check the shadows and by the trees etc to see if something was there. With thermal, even the $699 LTO, if its there, you are going to see it.

Also, if you've got this thing in your bag and you lose a blood trail and use it to find a couple deer, you'll think it's worth the money for that purpose alone.

Sorry to get long winded. I hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
        Took my city slicker nephew this evening for a 6-8pm sit. He was scanning when "ol tripod" walked out of the brush. I tried one of the 75 hornady bthp behind the jaw. @ 45 yards. They group terrible at 100, but 50 is as far as you can see in this jungle we were hunting so I let er rip. Big exit hole, just wish I could get some consistent groups at any distance

WOW! That is either a GIANT hog or you are a great photographer. Or both!

Comment

I forgot to post this here but I've had a lot of people asking about the Leupold LTO Tracker so I made an in depth video review. Feel free to ask any questions that I didn't answer in the video, I'm glad to help.

The LTO Trackers are $699 but I've got a TBH deal going on them. You can PM for the discount info.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
          I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

So I've done some research and been looking through this thread a lot but I can't seem to find a solid answer yet. For those of you running cheaper NV, would you go with the photon 6.5 or the x-sight 3-14. Mainly used for hunting hogs and coyotes between 20-200 yards depending on visibility.

Comment

Just became the new owner of a Trijicom Reap IR

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                You made a good choice!

Comment

Excellent, congrats. Some day.....

Comment

Got another tournament this weekend. Spent some time behind the thermal today as well as set up and sighted in teammates new rig. He's to swamped to even shoot. Howa 1500 in 30-06 with a pulsar 38a thermal, .... with custom cheek pad was actually more fun to shoot than my ar!! Was shooting 3/4" groups @100. As was my wylde

Comment

Nice! I wish mine would hurry up and arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter2989 View Post
                        So I've done some research and been looking through this thread a lot but I can't seem to find a solid answer yet. For those of you running cheaper NV, would you go with the photon 6.5 or the x-sight 3-14. Mainly used for hunting hogs and coyotes between 20-200 yards depending on visibility.
                        I'm a dealer for both (and have TBH discounts on both) and I'll gladly give you all the advice I can.

In short, those two scopes are extremely different. It really depends on what you are looking for. If you want bells, whistles and endless features, then you have to go with the X-Sight. If you want tried, true and simple to use, then you have to go with the Photon XT. They are both digital NV and they are a similar price range but they are just extremely different when it comes to actual hands on usage. It's hard to say which is "better" because it depends on what you want. I have customers who think pushing the off/on button on the Photon XT is way too difficult. There is a 0% change they'd ever figure out the X-Sight. Other guys can't even begin to imagine not being able to record video on a micro SD card, use the GPS and update the firmware, so for them the X-Sight is the logical choice.

I can talk to you for about 5 minutes and figure out which one suits your needs and personality the best. I don't say that bragging, I just mean that I've sold so many Photons and X-Sights and talked to so many customers before and after the sale, as well as having used the X-Sight and Photon myself a great deal, I can usually tell which one is going to suit your needs/personality better.

Also, it's worth noting, you are comparing the Photon XT 6.5x to the X-Sight 3-14x, when a more fair comparison, in price and in magnification, is the Photon XT 6.5x and the X-Sight 5-20x. The Photon XT 4.6x and the X-Sight 3-14x are a better comparison.

I hope that helps a little. Shoot me a PM, I'll be glad to talk to you and give you more advice and TBH pricing.

- Jason

Comment

WOW!!

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                            You made a good choice!
                            Yes I agree.

I have shot Pulsar xd38, Flir, Mark 3, Reap and this was the best quality by far.

Got an awesome deal also at $7000 out the door with all the accessories and such to record video and all that

Originally posted by Avezorak View Post
                            Nice! I wish mine would hurry up and arrive.
                            Mine was shipped for free 3pm and arrived next morning by 11am!!! I was stoked
                            Last edited by gingib; 03-22-2017, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Yes I agree.

I have shot Pulsar xd38, Flir, Mark 3, Reap and this was the best quality by far.

Got an awesome deal also at $7000 out the door with all the accessories and such to record video and all that

Mine was shipped for free 3pm and arrived next morning by 11am!!! I was stocked

Wow. Where did you buy from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone know of a place that will rent some nv or thermal scopes in DFW? Gonna be heading out for a buddy's bachelor party in may and he wants to do some night time hunts at the farm for the weekend.

Saw Ultimate Night Vision and they looked to have good prices but wasn't sure if there were any other companies to look at

Comment

Working...
                                X