Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
    First off, Mike I'm glad yall had fun again and was able to kill a nice stack of hogs again! Wish I could have been around to hunt with yall but I was just too tied up.
    Second, don't worry too much about the MDVR. Accidents happen and it's just a material item that can be replaced and I'm very thankful that you are. I'll be sure to mail you my old one once I get that new one and I bet you're smart enough to fix it.
    I appreciate it! Had a great time! Wish I would have gotten more video, I had my dvr but I didnt get it set up in time to video Laynes pig and my "backup" shots

Comment

A buddy of mine whacked this monster on the brazos river bottom last night. Biggest pig I've ever seen on the hoof

Comment

Heck yeah, thats a big ole pig! Did he weigh him or girth measure him? I'd love to know jow much he weighed

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
          Heck yeah, thats a big ole pig! Did he weigh him or girth measure him? I'd love to know jow much he weighed

No we sure didn't. But I've killed a couple #250's and he was noticeably thicker than them. What's the girth measurement?

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
            No we sure didn't. But I've killed a couple #250's and he was noticeably thicker than them. What's the girth measurement?
            Using a clothe tape measure ( or thin nonrigid steel one ) measure around th chest just behind the armpit. Multiply times 10 then subtract 200. Example: measurement is 30" so 30x10=300 300-200=100. Estimated weight 100lbs. It isnt exact but comes out pretty close.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
              Using a clothe tape measure ( or thin nonrigid steel one ) measure around th chest just behind the armpit. Multiply times 10 then subtract 200. Example: measurement is 30" so 30x10=300 300-200=100. Estimated weight 100lbs. It isnt exact but comes out pretty close.

Learn something new every day. Not gettin any measurements off that fella though. Cut his nasty ol head off and rolled em off the high bank yella cats gotta eat too

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
                A buddy of mine whacked this monster on the brazos river bottom last night. Biggest pig I've ever seen on the hoof
                Now that is a HOG! I'd hate to run into him in the dark on the way to the deer stand one morning.

Comment

If you hunt pigs over a set spot like I do, check into these lights (link below). I use them on an old ammo can with a feeder battery and place them high in the tree by the feeder pens. These suckers light up the entire area I hunt, plus a lot more, like daylight from over 100+ yards away. Don't even need the ir torch lights with these. Enjoy!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o00_s00

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445805469.786401.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	319.0 KB
ID:	24411734

Got this nasty one Friday night around 10:15 in comal county.

Sweet lightening show

220 gr sig performance ammo
                    Right between the eyes
                    Nighty night.

Rem 700 in 300 BLK
                    Silencerco Saker
                    Photon XT

Comment

^^Attaboy! Obviously bullet expansion isn't important when you choot em in da head, but are you liking the Sig Performance ammo?

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                        ^^Attaboy! Obviously bullet expansion isn't important when you choot em in da head, but are you liking the Sig Performance ammo?

I'm loving it.

It shoots ragged holes at 50 yds

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
                          [ATTACH]751571[/ATTACH]

Got this nasty one Friday night around 10:15 in comal county.

Sweet lightening show

220 gr sig performance ammo
                          Right between the eyes
                          Nighty night.

Rem 700 in 300 BLK
                          Silencerco Saker
                          Photon XT

Comment

Night Vision hunting Thread

Shot 4 pigs here. Recovered two of them. Followed blood on other two but they went into the super thick stuff.

ATN X-Sight 5x18

Last edited by Skinny; 10-27-2015, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Comment

You be work-n hard Skinny! Nice job. And on the video too.

Comment

Working...
                                X