Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
    One of the reviews on amazon says he's seeing out to 600 yards. There is no way I need to see that far to shoot, but I really like the idea to be able to scan a long ways out. Mike, I saw you have the adjustable mount for your light. Streamlight makes one for their light. How do you like that?
    I dont have an adjustable mount for the light, I have been contemplating getting one to fine tune when I am zoomed all the way in.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
      I dont have an adjustable mount for the light, I have been contemplating getting one to fine tune when I am zoomed all the way in.
      That must have been on someone else's rifle I saw here. What does that sniper light cost with the ir bulb?

Comment

That must have been on someone else's rifle I saw here. What does that sniper light cost with the ir bulb?
        Im thinking its $109 but dont quote me. ( maybe it was $104?? )

Comment

If anyone is looking for a 2014 sightmark Photon 3.5X, I have one on the classifieds.

Comment

One of the reviews on amazon says he's seeing out to 600 yards. There is no way I need to see that far to shoot, but I really like the idea to be able to scan a long ways out. Mike, I saw you have the adjustable mount for your light. Streamlight makes one for their light. How do you like that?
            Reviews on IR lights are not that great to go by unless the review includes the type of Night vision (digital Gen 1, digital Gen 1+, Gen 2, Gen 2+, Gen 3 and so on) they were looking through, what the weather conditions are, type of background, type of ground cover, how much ambient light there was and were they actually measuring the distance or guessing. For example, our 30LR IR using a Gen 3 night vision scope, I could see 600 yards with it with very high humidity but if you use a digital night vision scope you will be limited to around 200 yards. Our 66LR IR would could identify deer out to 1700+ yards with the gen 3.

Have any of you guys looked at this illuminator? Not many reviews but the ones I have seen were good.
            I can guarantee you without a doubt our 66LR will outshine that light easily and with our light you can covert it to a great white light so you can use it year round flashlight instead of only when your hunting with night vision. Our 50LR will also outshine the streamlight and it's almost the exact same size as the Streamlight super tac. Our lights use 1 18650 battery and with the IR you will get about 4 hours of run time with almost no dimming the entire time and then you can simply recharge the battery. Streamlight uses 2 CR123A batteries and they list you will be at 10% of full power after 3.5 hours and then you just throw the batteries away and have to buy new ones. Of course you wouldn't want to use it after it got below 70% of full power because it wont shine near as far and who knows how long it will run before it drops below 70% because they don't say.

66LR with IR led is $114.99 but we are currently out of stock of our IR LED's and we don't have the IR listed with the lights because of this but once they are back in stock you will be able to order the IR with the light. We should have more IR LED's in about 10 days. If you want to know all our prices, just click on the following link.
            http://www.sniperhawglights.com/Snip...ale-s/1814.htm
            Please note the prices you see on our lights are for our RED, GReen and White LED's. If you buy the light with the IR the price is $15.00 more because our IR LED's cost us more then the Red,Green and white.

Comment

I was hunting with my ATN x-sight and 66LR with IR last night. Pretty good moon light. I could see pigs at over 400 yards away.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                I was hunting with my ATN x-sight and 66LR with IR last night. Pretty good moon light. I could see pigs at over 400 yards away.
                Did they finally get all the bugs worked out of that thing? Is it holding zero?

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                  Did they finally get all the bugs worked out of that thing? Is it holding zero?

I'm curious about this too, been waiting to hear a few more real world results.

Comment

My scope has stayed zeroed just fine. I have been able to shoot paper and steel targets great...live pigs at night, not so much. The jury is still out. I can see awesome at night, just can't hit anything. Lol.

I do have this scope on a brand new rifle and it has a pretty stiff trigger so that may be my issue up in the stand with a sub par rest vs. shooting on a bench.

Comment

Night Vision hunting Thread

Finally getting around to testing/fitting the PVS14. Really enjoying this, and looking forward to getting it in the field for a real world test. I paired the PVS 14 with a new Eotech EXPS3-2 and it seems to line up well. Ordered a rail extension so I could fit it on the Ghost 410 also, still need to zero it in after moving the scope forward. Really looking forward to reducing our pig population.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443218819.374837.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	24406922

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443218838.491959.jpg
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	24406923

Comment

Night vision on a crossbow. That would be a fun spot and stalk hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by ShoootLow View Post
                          Finally getting around to testing/fitting the PVS14. Really enjoying this, and looking forward to getting it in the field for a real world test. I paired the PVS 14 with a new Eotech EXPS3-2 and it seems to line up well. Ordered a rail extension so I could fit it on the Ghost 410 also, still need to zero it in after moving the scope forward. Really looking forward to reducing our pig population.

[ATTACH]745053[/ATTACH]
                          [ATTACH]745054[/ATTACH]

Comment

The crosshairs on the factory scope are visible through NV, and the lowest brightness setting on the lighted reticle doesn't bloom too much.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443286354.059087.jpg
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	24406973

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443286365.720550.jpg
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	24406974

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443286379.423700.jpg
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	24406975

Comment

Originally posted by ShoootLow View Post

[ATTACH]745053[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH]745054[/ATTACH]
                              That setup will work great. Just a little advice though, put the eye cup back on. I took mine off the other night thinking i could get a little more field of view and ended up bleeding. The metal ring on the back is sharp.

Comment

I wondered about that. Appreciate the advice. Do you use one on a crossbow also?

Comment

Working...
                                X