No announcement yet.

Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried that. turned it just enough for the scope turned on. turned it just a little past that on try #2

still turns off

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
      That's what I was going to say, along with battery selection. Some AAs are actually shorter than others, frustratingly enough. Especially rechargeables vs alkalines. So try new types of batteries.
      haven't tried that yet.

I got some duracells in right now.

Will try some different ones.

Comment

Took this girl out last night with my AR and photon. She's around 130-140lbs
        Shot with Hornady 55gr soft point.

Comment

Originally posted by Wylde E View Post
          Took this girl out last night with my AR and photon. She's around 130-140lbs
          Shot with Hornady 55gr soft point.

Very nice!

Comment

That's gonna make for some great breakfast sausage .

Comment

very nice! Was she pregnant or just nursing? 1 shot, 10 kills?

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                [ATTACH]734509[/ATTACH]

More pork for the miketnv and Sniper Hog Lights 66LR IR
                I am confused. If you have NV, what is the use for the 66LR light? I have one and that's how I night hunt now with red light

So many options and don't know which way to go. I like to research a lot before I buy and don't know where to start

Comment

Any of the sniper lights can use a IR head unit. I bet that 66 is awesome

Comment

She was nursing she was in tall grass and stuck her head up and I shot then about 8 little ones ran for the hills. They were big enough to make it though.

Comment

All I've got right now is the "rednek night vision". Works great and I can move it from gun to gun easily.

Here it is on my 300blk

But it does work. Here it is on my 22mag.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                        I am confused. If you have NV, what is the use for the 66LR light? I have one and that's how I night hunt now with red light

So many options and don't know which way to go. I like to research a lot before I buy and don't know where to start
                        Originally posted by Outback77 View Post
                        Any of the sniper lights can use a IR head unit. I bet that 66 is awesome
                        Yep. Digital Night Vision like mine, the X Sight and Photon are not true night vision. They are all low light cameras that are sensitive to IR light. The IR illuminator projects light that is invisible to our eyes but visible to the camera.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                          Originally posted by miket View Post
                          Yep. Digital Night Vision like mine, the X Sight and Photon are not true night vision. They are all low light cameras that are sensitive to IR light. The IR illuminator projects light that is invisible to our eyes but visible to the camera.
                          The 66LR has interchangeable modules. Miket has the Infrared module in his where you have the red module in yours.

Comment

iirc ccd cameras are inherently sensitive to near ir light (visible light lenses and cameras) - but generally will have an ir filter (I assume it helps with their daylight use). They need more light to generate an image than your eyes, but if the IR filter is removed, they can see an image illuminated with an inferred flashlight (that is not visible to our eyes).

Traditionally NV refereed to image intensifier's. I think they were originally known as starlight scopes. They multiply existing light (visible and near ir), so can see in fairly dark environments.

Thermal is general not refereed to as night vision. It uses radiated far inferred, so does not require an external illuminator. It uses a totally different image capture device and germanium lenses (germanium is expensive - approximately $1800/lb per today's spot).

Comment

new to the thread here......but I'm using a PVS 14, gen 3 autogated. Depending on what I'm doing I either weapon mount it, or mount it to my Ops Core jump helmet. If I'm walking around, it's on the helmet. Sitting in a stand, it's weapon mounted.

The PVS 14 is a great unit. Being prior military I know how well they hold up. I would recommend them to anyone if price wasn't an option

Comment

Photon 4.6 arrived today, so far back yard test it looks awesome! Better then I expected, also glad to see the hinged front scope cap so it won't fall off like previous models.

Jason at outdoor legacy was a great help.

Looking forward to further use!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X