No announcement yet.

Let's See Em. GLOCKS. Bring Your Huddled Masses and Your Elitist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice looking holster Z7....any feedback on the Shield 9? I'm thinking about adding one of those later this summer

Comment

Originally posted by bluelund79 View Post
      Nice looking holster Z7....any feedback on the Shield 9? I'm thinking about adding one of those later this summer
      We just picked it up today. We are headed to the range tomorrow so we can shoot our new pistols. The shield feels pretty good in my hand but seems too shinny to me. We both have kahr pistols as well and they have a slightly thicker grip. The trigger is just over 6 lbs and doesn't seem to have much take up before it fires. The trigger reset is super quiet and hardly noticeable which I don't like. Overall I do like the shield and hope it shoots well tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Looking forward to the range report. Any details on that holster, inquiring minds.....

Comment

Originally posted by Z7_Matt View Post

Appendix carry
          As much as i enjoy appendix carry i just cant ever see myself being able to do it with a 19. Did it with a sccy but even then was it uncomfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by bluelund79 View Post
            Thanks for the feedback! Looking forward to the range report. Any details on that holster, inquiring minds.....
            Just a basic taco design holster with a slight cant to it for appendix carry. I carry my 1911 operator that way a lot. Easy for me to conceal even under a tshirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Here's my little collection.

From the bottom up:

G26 Gen 3
              G26 Gen 4
              G29 Gen 4
              G34 Gen 4
              G17 Gen 3
              G21 Gen 3
              G20 FrankenGlock - G20 Gen 3 frame, Lone Wolf 10mm slide, 6" KKM barrel.

All of them wear full extended controls, Ghost connectors, 6# trigger springs and Ameriglo night sights.

[ATTACH]596823[/ATTACH]

I want to add a G19, G30s and possibly a G41.
              Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by ballfroguy View Post
                As much as i enjoy appendix carry i just cant ever see myself being able to do it with a 19. Did it with a sccy but even then was it uncomfortable.
                I like the idea of appendix carry, but I just can't do it. I'm a bit overweight and the slide digs into my gut anytime I sit down. I've tried a hundred times, as long as I'm standing up, it's GREAT, well concealed and comfortable, but as soon as I go to sit down....it ends up at the 3:00-4:00 position. The only other thing that worries me about it is having a firearm pointed that close to the jewels.

Tell me how you guys do it? Am I just too fat?

Comment

here's a couple..

Click image for larger version

Name:	Glock 30S.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	24305675

Name:	G42.jpg
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	24305676

Comment

Im not fat... I cant carry apendix either. Same problem, I set down and its in the gut, if its not in the gut its in the leg... Either way its uncomfortable.

Id like to hear how others are carrying there.. cuz I just don't get it either.

OH and Im still on the lookout for a g42... How are you guys getting ahold of one?

Comment

So coach what was the general word on what triggers or spring kits everyone was running? Is it better to do the ghost trigger and all that or just send it off and have it done by the glock guy or something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper33 View Post
                        So coach what was the general word on what triggers or spring kits everyone was running? Is it better to do the ghost trigger and all that or just send it off and have it done by the glock guy or something like that?
                        A lot of people are running the connectors from ghost, some use the entire spring kit, others don't. Some use the drop in models, others like the adjustable minor fitting kind. But almost everybody said they liked the ghost connectors (those that didn't don't want to change OEM parts, Spend WAYY to much on fulcrum replacements or are too cheap and do the 25 cent rigger job on youtube with an added set screw.. )

I have ordered 2 of the rockets... I went ahead and ordered the spring kits too just in case I wanted to use em.

Should be in the mail early next week or late this week. I will get them in and get a review up next week sometime.

Comment

I carried my last glock 19 appendix carry 90% of the time. For me the key was to have it ride higher in the waistband. I'm 6'1" and 150lbs and no belly. I even carry my railed 1911 commander appendix.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                            A lot of people are running the connectors from ghost, some use the entire spring kit, others don't. Some use the drop in models, others like the adjustable minor fitting kind. But almost everybody said they liked the ghost connectors (those that didn't don't want to change OEM parts, Spend WAYY to much on fulcrum replacements or are too cheap and do the 25 cent rigger job on youtube with an added set screw.. )

I have ordered 2 of the rockets... I went ahead and ordered the spring kits too just in case I wanted to use em.

Should be in the mail early next week or late this week. I will get them in and get a review up next week sometime.
                            ok ill keep an eye out for that. I have been wanting to get my trigger to a better place. Its the only gun i own that doesnt have a custom trigger in it and it bugs the heck out of me

Comment

Here is my 21..its my favorite G that I have. I carry it every day for my tracking gun and I abuse the hell out of it. Ive used it for a hammer and tpost driver. It has so much holster wear you can barely read the print on it. I leave it out in the rain and on the seat of my mule frequently. I forget it at my cleaning rack and leave it up there for days at a time covered in blood. Ive even ran out of shells and used it as a tommyhawk. Its failed me one time. I got in a jam and was actually hung upside down shooting at a hog that was charging me. I somehow managed to scoop the action full of sand while it was cycling. I cracked it open blew the sand out and when back to operating. To say I abuse it is an understatement.

I dropped a compensated race barrel in it. Got a little trigger work, new springs & rod. Night sights. Works for me.

Name:	glock.jpg
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	24305679

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post

OH and Im still on the lookout for a g42... How are you guys getting ahold of one?
                                Got mine on gunbroker. Think I paid $430+20. Probably can be found for less but I'm impatient

Comment

Working...
                                X