Firearm Registry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firearm Registry

Without getting too political.. Does anyone believe our good ole gov't does not keep tabs on gun owners. With everything that has come to light in the last year or so with the level of spying that has been going on, does anyone truly believe 4473 is just a background check?

Humor me here.

It never ceases to amaze me at the hypocacy of our elected officials after just a few short years in OZ. They want to gather all the info they can on us. Then they want us to inform on our neighbors if we suspect they aren't drinking the Kool-Aid. But when somebody lifts the veil and shows the world what our government does behind our backs, they are branded a whistle-blower and considered worse than a terrorist.
    Last edited by Wampuscat; 01-03-2014, 02:57 AM.

Comment

The 4473 never leaves your local gun shop untill the store permanently closes. When they call NICS to do the background check all they ask is your info and what type of gun it is. No serial numbers, model, make, etc is transmitted to NICS. Only thing the shop provides to them is whether it's a pistol, rife, shotgun, etc.

If you have a CHL they don't even call NICS to do a background check.

ATF does come in and do inspections/audits from time to time where they go over every 473 and try and find each and every mistake, but they don't take the forms with them.

Now I personally don't trust the government further than I can throw them. But It's hard to see how they could keep track of who has what given how the current system works.

Ike

Comment

Originally posted by BigTex.308 View Post
        The 4473 never leaves your local gun shop untill the store permanently closes. When they call NICS to do the background check all they ask is your info and what type of gun it is. No serial numbers, model, make, etc is transmitted to NICS. Only thing the shop provides to them is whether it's a pistol, rife, shotgun, etc.

If you have a CHL they don't even call NICS to do a background check.

ATF does come in and do inspections/audits from time to time where they go over every 473 and try and find each and every mistake, but they don't take the forms with them.

Now I personally don't trust the government further than I can throw them. But It's hard to see how they could keep track of who has what given how the current system works.

Ike
        Ike the ATF can come audit their records anytime and there's really nothing keeping them from copying any of the 4473s that they want.

And now with the electronic 4473s, who knows where that stuff goes?

Comment

I believe anytime I buy ammo with any sort of plastic (credit or debit card) the quantity and caliber is being captured and stored somewhere.

But then again, my ballcap is lined in tinfoil.

Comment

Big Tex is correct on what he said I am an FFL and he is spot on

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
              Big Tex is correct on what he said I am an FFL and he is spot on

X2 and the electronic 4473 is a PDF file and the info is not stored on computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_243 View Post
                X2 and the electronic 4473 is a PDF file and the info is not stored on computer.
                Really? So where does it go?

Comment

Interested as well.

Comment

The atf keeps it for 24 hrs then deletes so im told ?

Comment

We don't do electronic but our inspector told us we have to print them and file them like the normal 4473.

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
                        The atf keeps it for 24 hrs then deletes so im told ?
                        Who makes sure the ATF deletes it???

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_243 View Post
                          It goes straight in to a data base showing exactly what gun you bought serial Number and all....

If someone told you different they lied!

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
                            We don't do electronic but our inspector told us we have to print them and file them like the normal 4473.
                            Yes, but the whole file is sent to NICS for review....

Comment

Originally posted by Ecoboost View Post
                              Yes, but the whole file is sent to NICS for review....
                              That makes sense

Comment

Working...
                              X