Question for AR gurus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for AR gurus

I've got a Bushmaster Carbon. The rail that the scope mounts to has some travel to it; ie it's not snug to the top of th upper. I've looked, & there is a single screw that appears to be stripped out by the handguard. Is there sposed to be play or should it be permanently fixed?

If I've not properly explained it, here is a pic ... It's th picatinny rail part.

Thx in advance for th help.

you dont want play on your rails. It should be snug and firm. Play in your rail means optics wont be accurate.

Comment

i would see if the screw is really stripped if it is you might want to look at getting it re-threaded.

Comment

Was wondering about rethreading, but was concerned about it being carbon. Prolly direction I'm heading tho.
        Thx

Comment

The mounts will be steel or aluminum . Your receivers are whats " carbon " . Just buy a new mount, that style is cheap. If it was me, I'd sell it before you drop and break it.

Comment

Common problem. The rail is dove tailed and only has one screw in it. Take the screw out and remove the rail section, use the quick-set jb weld (it's gray) and put the rail back on.

Comment

is the picatinney the problem that is loose, or is it the scope ring itself? If it is the rail, id have bushmaster fix it since it should not be loose.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                is the picatinney the problem that is loose, or is it the scope ring itself? If it is the rail, id have bushmaster fix it since it should not be loose.
                It's a plastic upper on a gun designed to shoot mass amounts of ammo. If I were you I'd spring for one of PSA's stripped uppers that go on for 40-50 bucks now and then

Comment

Originally posted by CPR09 View Post
                  Common problem. The rail is dove tailed and only has one screw in it. Take the screw out and remove the rail section, use the quick-set jb weld (it's gray) and put the rail back on.
                  Thats what I was thinkin of doin, but wasnt sure if that would work.

Comment

Originally posted by Epack View Post
                    It's a plastic upper on a gun designed to shoot mass amounts of ammo. If I were you I'd spring for one of PSA's stripped uppers that go on for 40-50 bucks now and then
                    I'm wanting to do a build so I guess itll be superglue. It'll end up bein my Bride's in short order anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by ElWhompo View Post
                      I'm wanting to do a build so I guess itll be superglue. It'll end up bein my Bride's in short order anyway!
                      Just saying 40$ for a real fix vs glue

Comment

Originally posted by Epack View Post
                        Just saying 40$ for a real fix vs glue
                        That would be the way to go and then you'd never have to worry about it again.

Ike

Comment

Working...
                        X