Scope advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluelund79 View Post
    My son has the Viper 2-7x32 on his 243. Been very happy with it, nice clear glass. Does well at first and last light, holds zero well. We may be headed to the range this weekend, if we do, you are more than welcome to meet us and look through it to see for yourself.
    Thanks, I may take you up on the offer if I can't find one before Saturday .

Comment

I have about one of each major name brand. I am a little unhappy that my Ziess messed up. It looks like I have a dirt crystal in my objective. I am going to say I got a lemon. We will see what Zeiss says when I ship it off. I wish they had horizontal lines on their turrets.
      Last edited by JP8; 12-31-2013, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JP8 View Post
        I have about one of each major name brand. I am a little unhappy that my Ziess messed up. It looks like I have a dirt crystal in my objective. I am going to say I got a lemon. We will see what Zeiss says when I ship it off. I wish they had horizontal lines on their turrets.
        Which Zeiss do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Which Zeiss do you have?
          Conquest

Comment

I'm a fan of Burris.
            They replaced an old, broken down scope that was given to me, no questions.

Comment

Burris is nice. Their Signature Select Series was that ****!

Comment

No problem with my Zeiss Conquest 4-14x50 with target turrets.
                Attached Files

Comment

im glad to see others are finally agreeing that vortex isnt all that

leupold is the best bang for the buck if you know where to buy em for the right price. like mike said, stick with what you know performs. i just got done with a mule deer hunt and bounced mine all around the truck and through sand dunes for 5 days. no hesitation pulled off a 344 yard shot and it was dead on. facing into the sun and ZERO glare.... good optics pay off when you need them the most

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                    im glad to see others are finally agreeing that vortex isnt all that

leupold is the best bang for the buck if you know where to buy em for the right price. like mike said, stick with what you know performs. i just got done with a mule deer hunt and bounced mine all around the truck and through sand dunes for 5 days. no hesitation pulled off a 344 yard shot and it was dead on. facing into the sun and ZERO glare.... good optics pay off when you need them the most
                    Are you trying to give optics advice on TBH again??? :

Comment

Originally posted by JP8 View Post
                      Zeiss will take care of you. For FREE. I shipped a 4.5-14x50 mil dot conquest scope back to them that wouldn't hold zero... They replaced a spring and sent it back... It took a LONG time. But atleast they don't **** you around like other optic companys customer service will, and then claim it wasn't under warranty and make you pay for the fix (Nikon did this to me and others... Their CS sux plus they have a lil TBH member troll that says he will try to help and it's all lip service.. He may be along in the next couple of days as he receives emails when "Nikon" and "sux" comes up on the same post, he'd respond sooner, but he's really swamped )

I thought I was moving up in the optics world when I bought my zeiss.. But now it just sets in the safe awaiting my next project, while my leupolds remain my work horses.
                      Last edited by Coach W; 01-03-2014, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Coach, sounds like you got unlucky with Nikon. I've sent them THREE different OLD scopes that were beat up. One they repaired and the other two they sent me new replacements. All free.

Comment

Brandon, I think you'd be happy with a 3-9x50. I have a Vortex on my AR and it's really all I need.

I put Vortex 3.5-10x50s on my kids .243s and they're great scopes for the money. Something tells me your mohawk isn't going to be your Afghani Sniper rifle so I don't see a need to get carried away with the scope.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                            Are you trying to give optics advice on TBH again??? :
                            You are right.... nobody listens anyway lol. They just buy vortex because there is a sponsor that sells it so they MUST be good optics . I dont care what anyone uses really.... I just know i wont buy vortex ever again. I would actually like to see my targets when i am shooting

Comment

Originally posted by Cuz View Post
                              Coach, sounds like you got unlucky with Nikon. I've sent them THREE different OLD scopes that were beat up. One they repaired and the other two they sent me new replacements. All free.
                              You wee lucky. I sent a scope in to Nikon 7 months ago and still do not have it back. They have confirmed they received it but now its lost. Trying to get anyone who knows anything on the phone has been a total pain in the arse. I just wrote it off as it was a older cheap scope anyway. Will NEVER buy anything Nikon again.

Comment

Sightron makes some good scopes in that price range

Comment

Working...
                                X