STI build question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STI build question

If I buy a 2011 frame, will the calibers interchange as I change the slides? Anybody done this? Same frame but one slide and barrel combo in 38,9mm,45,40 etc.

Should. I know a few shooters that use the same frame but have a 40 set up and a 9 set up. There is usually never an issue.

Comment

Pm chrisgunguy he is the "YODA" of STI.

Comment

Upper and mag change should be all you'll need with one frame. Each upper would need to be fitted to the frame.

Comment

You can use the same slide for 9 and 38. You can use the same slide for 40, 357 sig and 10mm.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgunguy View Post
            You can use the same slide for 9 and 38. You can use the same slide for 40, 357 sig and 10mm.
            This guy may know what he's talking about

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgunguy View Post
              So, if I got one in 10mm, I could just swap barrels, mags, and springs maybe for a caliber change to 40 or 375 sig? Similar to a Glock caliber change, only i get to add 10mm to the mix? That's pretty cool!

Comment

Not mags. Barrel and proper recoil spring only.

Comment

I figured you would need mags with a block in them for the shorter ammo.

Comment

thank you chris and jason

Comment

Originally posted by txfireguy2003 View Post
                      I figured you would need mags with a block in them for the shorter ammo.
                      sometimes and depends.......If you are reloading, just load the 40 a little longer, and the 10 a little short, and they work. Same with the 9 and 38. Both will work with factory with the same mag, but you can run into problems with inconsistancy in oal between ammo manufacturers.

Comment

Working...
                      X