Mossberg 500 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mossberg 500 ?

I picked my wife up a 20g 500 anyone know how to take the dang plug out ? Do I have to remove the tube from the action to do it ?

If it's like my 835's, all you have to do is remove the retainer cap from the tube, point the barrel towards the ground, and shake the plug out of the hole. It should be a wooden dowl with a rubber O-ring on it. Sometimes the O-ring gets hung up on the spring so you might have to shake it back and forth a little bit. Make sure you are holding on to the barrel and the tube so the barrel doesn't fall off on the ground.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Unload the Mossberg model 500, making sure there are no shotgun shells in the magazine tube or in the firing chamber. Visually inspect the shotgun to make sure that it is unloaded.

Locate the magazine cap on the end of the short-shell magazine under the barrel of the shotgun. Loosen and remove the magazine cap by turning it counterclockwise.

Pull the barrel from the receiver and guide the barrel mounting ring from the end of the shell magazine tube. Place the barrel to the side.

Point the shotgun down and shake slightly to move the plug, or dowel, toward the end of the magazine tube.

Pull the plug or dowel from the tube with your fingers or a pair of needle-nose pliers. Pull the plug or dowel past the rubber ring at the end of the magazine tube and out.

Slide the barrel mounting ring back onto the magazine tube and guide the end of the barrel into the receiver. Place the cap back onto the magazine tube to secure the barrel in place.

Comment

I did mine by YOUTUBE

Comment

Thanks I wasn't sure if the cap that was on the tube was removable . When I was messing with it I wasn't in the right mood to be messing with it .

Comment

Working...
          X