Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which would rather not get shot by most.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which would rather not get shot by most.

While cleaning up my gun are after the big fire :-) I was looking at some misc ammo I had laying around. I got to comparing sizes. Now the difference between the size on paper of a 9mm and a .40 is pretty close. But in your hand it looks like the .40 is just SO much bigger, so i grabbed a .45 and WOW. How many people have looked at different calibers side by side? Are looks deceiving or is their something to be said by bigger is better. Self defense wise? Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369541674.602083.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	24966415Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369541686.301890.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	24966416
    Here you have .380, 9mm makarov, 9mm luger, .40 and .45.

I would hate to be shot by a 357. Out of the ones you have listed the 45 would not be fun lol!

Comment

Any of them!
      Last edited by MKH; 05-25-2013, 10:33 PM.

Comment

What is it that makes the .357 so bad? Is it the really the speed? You know everyone has heard the old "the 9mm was invented to wound and the .45 was made to stop people" blah blah stuff but it makes you wonder when you hold them side by side. And it makes me wonder how good an idea it is to carry a .380 when a 9mm is so much bigger and you could cant make one 45 bullet with the lead in two .380 bullets.

Granted a .22 will kill almost anything with the right shot placement. But the bigger the bullet the more room for error, at least in my ignorant thought process. :-)

Comment

They all going to hurt.

Comment

Any of them would be bad medicine...A broad head,on the other hand would be the most painful!

Comment

Originally posted by bm22 View Post
              What is it that makes the .357 so bad? Is it the really the speed? You know everyone has heard the old "the 9mm was invented to wound and the .45 was made to stop people" blah blah stuff but it makes you wonder when you hold them side by side. And it makes me wonder how good an idea it is to carry a .380 when a 9mm is so much bigger and you could cant make one 45 bullet with the lead in two .380 bullets.

Granted a .22 will kill almost anything with the right shot placement. But the bigger the bullet the more room for error, at least in my ignorant thought process. :-)
              I have seen hogs shot by just about all of them and a 357 HP leaves A LOT of blood shot meat. Maybe not the most damage but that blood shot toe is just nasty .
              Last edited by sharkhunter; 05-26-2013, 09:27 AM.

Comment

I don't want to be shot by any of them. The higher the velocity, typically the more damage caused. I am a fan of the 10mm and 357 mag as long as I'm on the giving end.

But I'm not scared to carry a .380 either.

Comment

I carry .40 and .45. All of them to the vitals have a good lethality rate, and all of them not to the vitals have a pretty decent survivability rate. Carry what you can shoot accurately, and more capacity = more chances to hit vitals.

Comment

9mm, .40 and .45 with modern top shelf ammo is as good as its gonna get in a pistol caliber. I personally wouldn't go below 9mm or above .45 because IMO it'll be underpowered or have too much recoil.

I chose a Glock 17 (9mm) for capacity and faster, more accurate, follow up shots. I carried a Glock 22 for 5 years but I like having an extra 6 rounds total (from 3 mags) and a more shootable pistol (for ME) in the G17.

Comment

Working...
                    X