10/22 Optics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10/22 Optics

I am looking for a scope for my 10/22. Target, squirrel, rabbit, etc.
    What would be a good size? Magnification and Objective Lens?
    What are good rings and base? What do I need for the 10/22?
    I have been looking primarily at Vortex.

Thanks,

Kevin

4x12 with an AO

Comment

Leupold mark 4 6.5-20x50
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
        4-12 with an AO
        X2! I wish mine were AO

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        Leupold mark 4 6.5-20x50
        So that's what they do with those fake ones on eBay

Comment

ok so its just temporary.... lol fixing to put it on my 300 when i get it back

i am likely going with the vx3 3-7x33 for the 22.... i believe mike d also runs one similar.

Comment

Should have said I wasn't really looking in the 1000 - 1700 range but more around 200 or less.

I need to read and look into the AO scopes.

Do you mount on the factory base or use an after market base?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockjock View Post
              Should have said I wasn't really looking in the 1000 - 1700 range but more around 200 or less.

Thanks.
              i was just giving ya a hard time brotha.... no way id mount a scope like i have on it and leave it. i just wanted to shoot the gun and it was the only scope i had laying around lol

on the above pictured, it has a rail built into the reciever....

what do you plan to do with this 22? just shoot it? just a toy? going for accuracy?

im not real big into rimfire stuff, but blake and artos could for sure lead you in the right direction

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                X2! I wish mine were AO

So that's what they do with those fake ones on eBay

if its fake, i got reamed and its a high quality fake lol

Comment

Also are the entry level Bushnell scopes worth a darn?

Like this model: Bushnell Banner 4-12x40 w/Adjustable Objective Matte

Comment

I just want to shot. Plinking, play at the range, small game, thats all.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockjock View Post

Thanks.
                      Depends on what the factory rimfire bases look like.. If they are a mm rail I usually unscrew em and go with an aftermarket.

4-12x40 leupold vx1 or 2 (I or ii) AO Is what I'd go for. I used to think the 3-9x40 non adjustable would suffice.. But I've found faults quick shooting p dogs...

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                        Depends on what the factory rimfire bases look like.. If they are a mm rail I usually unscrew em and go with an aftermarket.

4-12x40 leupold vx1 or 2 (I or ii) AO Is what I'd go for. I used to think the 3-9x40 non adjustable would suffice.. But I've found faults quick shooting p dogs...
                        Not saying the 3-9 or 4-12 non adjustable leupolds won't work... They will. Especially on top of a suppressed weapon.... These were within feet of each other.
                        Attached Files

Comment

i have a weaver 44/40 4-12x44 with AO i will sell ya cheap if your interested.... $100 plus shipping

is it the best? no.... but it would work fine on a 22 i have had it a long time, as i got it new in a trade and i mounted it to a 243 for 5 shots, switching it out to a nikon monarch i have sitting in the safe

Comment

I think I may be out of my leage here. I am a bit of an amateur.

I think the base that came with my rifle is like this.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I have a cheap Tasco 3x9x40 on mine and its been just fine. Sighted it in about 15 years ago and it's been that way since. Has had several thousand rounds through it.

Comment

Working...
                              X