air guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

air guns

thinking bout getting a good pellet gun, Gamo is suppose to be good but I saw one that shoots a .22 cal pellet vs a .177 doesn,t have the same speed 1300 fps vs 980 but they say it has better know down power. wanting to get some thing that ruin my real hunt but get tired of watching other critters eating my corn, besides shooting squirrels around the house keeps me in good practice for when gun season comes in, I AM A BOW hunter but time doesn,t allow me to just bow hunting sometimes you just gotta get the big boys out to fill the freezer.any input on the best air riffle would be appreciated, looking @ around 200.00 range but a few dollars more if needed is o.k. too

Might check out Beeman. A good web sight is airgunsofarizona.com

Comment

Benjiman 177 pump it three to four times. very accurate and plenty powerful. not really that load. solid wood stock. adjustable sights. it will take a rabbit out of the flower bed.

Comment

It's better to get a higher quality gun than the dual calibers like the one you said. Also the gamo's are okay, just have a horrible trigger and loud twang sound. I like my Beeman R-9... First pick is trying out pellets at 25 yards..
        Attached Files

Comment

550 fps will kill a squirrel.
          Gamo etc may be able to do it but you will need to really experiment with the ammo and find what it likes. I do not care if it is heavy, light, pointed, or a hollow point. All will drop a critter.
          I want accuracy and I just bought some H&N Sport Final Match Pistol. Need to sit down and run it. It's supposed to be the good stuff these days.

Comment

Beemen dual barrel is what I got...great gun...

Comment

This is one of mine. Really looking to move up. At the NRA event they had some incredable rides... {It's all about the ammo}
              Attached Files

Comment

RWS is the best IMHO. Check them out and then shop from there.

Comment

I like My H&N Field Target Trophy's!

Comment

I have an RWS 48. It shoots good.

Comment

You're gonna limit yourself with a $200 budget

Save a few more nickles and buy a Beeman R9 in .20 or .22 cal.

any German built air rifle will last an eternity and be deadly accurate

Comment

Solid recommendations from Cajun Blake. Beeman R9 or Weihrauch HW95 solid guns... Hold value well and more importantly just really consistent rifles with good triggers. Also consider surfing airgun forum to purchased one of these or even the next step up for AirArms TX200 or Beeman HW97 fixed barrel with under lever cocking arm. If you are patient a great deal could be had for either of these or the R9 or HW95. Many other options but I tend to recommend these 4 models most for spring powered rifles. Yellowforum.com has a good classified page for airguns. They also have a BOI page to research sellers prior to making a deal... It's old school type forum, but it works. Or if you decide to just bite the bullet for new. Airgunsofarizona, Pyramidair, Precision Airguns I buy from all these guys. AOA and Precision both have used guns. Precision very good customer service and super helpful. Good luck

Comment

That's funny I was looking at some Gamo's at academy this evening. Been thinking about getting one myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                            You're gonna limit yourself with a $200 budget

Save a few more nickles and buy a Beeman R9 in .20 or .22 cal.

any German built air rifle will last an eternity and be deadly accurate

What would be a good price/deal on one of these?

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
                              What would be a good price/deal on one of these?
                              275-300 would be a very good deal .....

350-375 is the normal used selling prices

Also look at a RWS Diana ..... You can pick up a used one for @ 300

Comment

Working...
                              X