Those danged overlapping rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those danged overlapping rifles

I picked up a lefty 257wby Ultralight this weekend and have a Zeiss 3-9x40 Z600 waiting to go on top of it. Got to thinking that this one rifle could probably replace 90% of the ones I have, but then again, so could all the others. To be totally honest, I will probably shoot a deer with it just to say I did it and then go right back to using my 243. I suppose I should switch out every hunt just to enjoy them all.

So I got rifles that are all different that I bought because they do something the others don't and now looking back on it, not a dang one of em does anything the others can't except in the extreme margins of its capabilities. I must be a sucker for marketing.

Oh well I guess I shouldn't complain, they are all nice and fun to shoot. In the world of problems, this'n ain't a bad one to have. I suppose I'll post some results when I get around to shooting this 257...who knows when that'll be!

Shush!!

Every rifle has its place!! That's why they make gun safes so big

U can never have too many....

Comment

when I bought my 257 weatherby, I sold rifles in 9 other calibers.
      havent regreted it for a second

Comment

I hear ya I'm in the same boat. I have a .223, 22/250, .243, .270, .308, 300 win mag currently. I want a .264 win mag, .257 wheatherby and a 6.5x284 Norma.

Comment

Be careful you'll become a .257bee junky and start building rifles around certain loads and bullets to do different jobs.

Comment

I also want these 4 rifles. Some of the rifles don't come in the calibers I want so I may have to throw in a 7 mag or something

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369083968.654038.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	24202065

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369084063.602563.jpg
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	24202067

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369084114.317950.jpg
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	24202069

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369084159.968675.jpg
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	24202071

Not that gun specifically but a Texas custom rifle! It just so happens that his pic is the first one on the website

Comment

257 wby is awesome. No doubt. But no need selling all your other rifles... You still need something to loan out when you take newbies into the woods.... Ain't no body shooting my 257 wby

Comment

I would have to say that my 257 Weatherby is probably the most versatile rifle in my safe. But I ain't sellin the other ones.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                  Shush!!

Every rifle has its place!! That's why they make gun safes so big

U can never have too many....
                  That or buy another safe ha ha. I love any .25 caliber. But I like to have options so I buy different calibers.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                    I picked up a lefty 257wby Ultralight this weekend and have a Zeiss 3-9x40 Z600 waiting to go on top of it. Got to thinking that this one rifle could probably replace 90% of the ones I have, but then again, so could all the others. To be totally honest, I will probably shoot a deer with it just to say I did it and then go right back to using my 243. I suppose I should switch out every hunt just to enjoy them all.

So I got rifles that are all different that I bought because they do something the others don't and now looking back on it, not a dang one of em does anything the others can't except in the extreme margins of its capabilities. I must be a sucker for marketing.

Oh well I guess I shouldn't complain, they are all nice and fun to shoot. In the world of problems, this'n ain't a bad one to have. I suppose I'll post some results when I get around to shooting this 257...who knows when that'll be!
                    ill help you out. ill swap your lefty for my righty, and we keep scopes .
                    Last edited by Tommyh; 05-21-2013, 09:07 AM.

Comment

So... what's wrong with overlap? I have .223, .22-250, .270, 7mm-08, .30-30, .300 Win Mag, .375 H&H Mag, .44 Mag, and .45-70.

Comment

"Too many rifles." Just checking to make sure it's not censored.

Comment

Working...
                        X